• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What size wiring?

68EFIvert

I am fed up with my electrical gremlins and am now ready to put in my new AAW harness. I have some extras like power windows, h2o/meth pumps and other items that won't have wires in the harness.

I know I will pick up some 12 gauge wire for high power items like the windows but I also want to get stocked up on other small gauge wires before ripping into the car. I was thinking about buying some 16 gauge wire but want to get some input from you guys. What do you suggest?

When I rewire the car I will also move the solenoid to the trunk. It just seems too easy to do now that everything will be apart. I plan on using 2 gauge for the alternator but I am not sure about the starter. For the starter is 2 gauge sufficient or should I step up to 0/1 gauge?

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that 18 is the most popular gauge but I'd have a spool of 16 set aside as you originally planned.

I ended up buying 6 rolls of different color 12 and 16 gauge. I already have a little 18 g lying around. Thanks for the help guys.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back