• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What Transmission? Driveshaft? Rear End?

Didn't Gabby get that shirt from the beertender or something?

Yes.... there were a couple of hotties walking around peddling shots of JB and if you bought X amount of shots you got a free t-shirt. Needless to say we bought enough. The only size they had was Small or Medium (I forget).... but either way it was way too small for you to wear comfortably.... and thus the dare from Gabby to have you try it on.

On a related note, Gabby wears the heck out of that shirt!

005-16.jpg

So whats the deal here Duane? Trying to hold the barf in and massive headache at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
So whats the deal here Duane?

I can tell you exactly what the deal here is.....

He agreed to be photographed, but purposely covered his face. Duane has a no-sh&t dislike of having his picture taken where it could possibly end up on the web. Trying to get a picture of the guy is like pulling teeth and requires "stealth" photography.

"daveSanborn" said:
I can tell you exactly what the deal here is.....

He agreed to be photographed, but purposely covered his face. Duane has a no-sh&t dislike of having his picture taken where it could possibly end up on the web. Trying to get a picture of the guy is like pulling teeth and requires "stealth" photography.

It's because Duane is soooo ugly that if his picture was on the 'net, he'd never be able to snag a date on Facebook or chatrooms!

Do you guys ever see the random pics? Funny im viewing this thread, and the random pic is one of Duane at Hooters with some babe on his lap. Im wondering if i should post it! :)

Good 'ole Ron. He's worse than a freakin' Japanese tourist. That was the first time I met him and of course we went to his favorite watering hole. Dude breaks out a camera and I was like "WTH, should I just break his arm now or what?" It's all good though. There's a self made urinal on the back of his garage.

Brandon,

Welcome!

I am running a 351 stroked to a 427 with an FMX auto trans and 3.00 posi. This is actually a pretty decent all-around combo.

I am in the process of changing the trans to a T5 5 speed and will eventually run a 3.70 gear out back. The car is plenty healthy as is. The trans and gear swap should really wake it up. Rear is a 9" 28 spline, original to the car.

If you plan to drive it "spirited" quite often and go the stroked 351 route, you should consider going with the TKO trans. Even a conservatively stroked 351 would be stretching a stock T5's HP/Torque rating.
I'm sure I will eventually find the breaking point in the T5. :craz

I have a buddy running a pretty wicked 347, (488hp at the flywheel) a Tremec 3550 and a 9" with a 3.70 gear. The car is insanely fun to drive.

Brandon
Personelly i would go for a T5z transmission behind your 351windsor and a 3.55 limted slip diff rear end.
Its an overall conpremise without breaking your wallet and still have fun on the street or strip or track.

"blue65coupe" said:
Dude, you come in here with a project '69 fb. +1

Then you cuss in an open forum. -1

Then you apologize. +2

And now you break out the facebook???? -100

Just giving you a hard time....it's just I have this Facebookophobia thing going on. I think of photo albums on coffee tables as face books.

+1 for sure !!

Back