• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What would these be called?

Jonk67, I love the stance of yours. If I can ever get out there and get that last brake caliper working, I can drop my daughter's '67 onto it's new suspension, and hoping we'll have a similar stance on her car. We haven't done the rear springs yet, though. I can't wait to see what her new stance looks like. Before I started it had the classic nose in the air stance, because of the monster springs from hell in the front.

I thought I was going to have a great excuse to work from home tomorrow, and start to finish it up, but Nooooooo, AzPete's auto transport company is running behind, won't be showing up yet for a couple of days, and is going to force me to go work out of the office instead ... those bastards! *LOL*

Thanks John, quiet a compliment coming from you, the front has the Shelby/Arning 1" drop with 550 1" drop springs. It ended up about exaclty where I wanted it, almost no space surrounding the 15" fat tires. I'm going for the TransAm series look but streetable so I didn't want to tuck up into the fender yet.

I'm adding ORP's roller perches so I'll have to see if that changes it any and adjust from there if I can. I like the level stance too, looks hunkered w/o being slammed. The rear leafs also have Energy poly bushings F/R which seems to cut down on sway w/o being any harsher than the rubbers, guess the shocks take it up. I lubed the bushings with plenty of dialectric grease, no squeeks over a ~yr. of driving before I tore it down.
Jon

Well after I lowered the psi in the air shocks... the back end is now a few inches lower and wow, talk about bouncey. When the engine is running, you can now see the whole car moving back and forth. The front sits up higher than the rear now too. Not really liking that at all.

They sat that way from the factory. I never cared for that look much either. At least level or real close. You might want to run 5-8 psi (or just enough to put a touch of lift to it) just to eliminate the real bouncy ride until you get the rear suspension completed.

"AzPete" said:
They sat that way from the factory. I never cared for that look much either. At least level or real close. You might want to run 5-8 psi (or just enough to put a touch of lift to it) just to eliminate the real bouncy ride until you get the rear suspension completed.
+1

"AzPete" said:

+2, but I'd make it a high priority to change the shot rear leaf springs and get those air shocks off of there!

"Jonk67" said:
Mine is a '67 and I installed 4 1/2 leaf Mideyes on the rear, if I wanted it to sit ~2" higher I would have gone with standard eye leafs. I would suggest the 4 or 4 1/2 leafs for you. The front has the 1" drop and 1" drop springs, I wanted my car level and tire tread just at the fender lip so it came out perfect so far.
Jon

After thinking about it more, I do like that look but I want it slightly higher than yours, but not too much. So I guess I'm leaning towards the 4.5 leaf standard eye. I have the 1" drop springs in the front that were replaced last month. That would still give it a little more height in the back but not make it look like a "stink bug" right?

"Kats66Pny" said:
After thinking about it more, I do like that look but I want it slightly higher than yours, but not too much. So I guess I'm leaning towards the 4.5 leaf standard eye. I have the 1" drop springs in the front that were replaced last month. That would still give it a little more height in the back but not make it look like a "stink bug" right?

You're definitely on the right track there, and sounds like you know the look you're going after. If you plan to have some rake to the car, though, I would run taller tires in the back. Otherwise, you're going to have a goofy looking gap between the tops of the rear tires and the wheel well lips.

Thats the plan,go a little larger & wider in the back. The PO actually cut away lips to be able to fit larger tires so atleast that part is done already.

Back