• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Whats the best all time....

car movie? What car movie could you watch over and over again?

I really like an older 70's movie called Hot Rod. Starring, Gregg Henry, Pernell Roberts, Robin Mattson, Grant Goodeve, Robert Culp, Royce D. Applegate, Ed Begley Jr, Bruce M. Fischer

3060624-m.jpg

Plot summary, written by Ron Martinez:
Hot Rod (1979) (a.k.a. Rebel of the Road) This made-for-TV movie starred Gregg Henry, Grant Goodeve and Robert Culp. The plot in this one has our hero Brian Addison (Henry) heading to the fictional Munn's Rootbeer Drag Race Nationals held in Lyons, California (the racing scenes were filmed at Fremont, CA). Addison is driving a 1965 Plymouth that is short on looks but is filled with a fire-breathing 426-Hemi. Meanwhile, papa-Munn (Culp) has the drag races fixed so that his kid, Sonny Munn (Goodeve), will win the races and go on to certain fame and fortune. How does he do this? Every competitor that doesn't run a Munn's decal on his car gets harassed by the corrupt local cops- that's how. Addison immediately develops an adversarial relationship with Sonny Munn who drives a hopped-up 1969 Olds Cutlass. Their first confrontation is in a street race which results in Addison's Plymouth being destroyed in a crash. A sympathetic junkyard owner gives Addison a 1941 Willys to race and keep if he promises to beat the hated Munns. The speed-shop owner throws in a 6-71 GMC blower just for kicks; Brian installs the Hemi engine from the Plymouth into the Willys.

Debbie does Dallas.

Oh car movie, hmmmm... I like the newer remake of the Dukes of Hazzard movie. Dirty Larry Crazy Mary was a cool car movie and Vanishing Point. Ever seen Duel with the sycho truck?

I bought a copy of it on ebay or amazon a year or two back. If I knew where my DVD burner was I'd offer to burn a copy, but I don t think thats legal either..... :conf

American Graffiti, the original Gone in 60 Seconds, Cannonball Run, and Last American Hero (Jeff Bridges uses a fastback for a rum-runner and later a dirt track car).

Back