• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

what's your cooking specialty?

O

opentrackerSteve

Thought I'd start a thread about specialty cooking.

My family 'gotta do' is for Mother's day and this year, I hit it big again with my annual Creme Brulee. I add in fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries in the mix. it gets put in the fridge the night before. to prep for serving, I carmellize sugar on the top (fire -he he), then top it with a few more berries and dust it with powdered sugar. HUGE BROWNIE POINTS from SWMBO and Mother's....

Both sides of my family meet at our house and head to the fresh fish market at Channel Islands Harbor. We pig out on fresh dungeoness and spider crab, and slam a few brewski's. We then head home for a nap contest. I then finalize the prep work for the Creme Brulee and brew some coffee.

Here's a pic of a couple of the 19 ramikins I served:

Well I enjoy cooking but to narrow done to just a few some seems to enjoy my

Dungenus Crab Cakes
Banana's Foster
Crab Chipino
Re stuffed Potato's with crab
Grilled onions ( A new one but really good)

2170729522_9f42200416.jpg

Man, I can almost smell them now. :craz

I like to smoke meat and do Dutch Oven Cooking. I posted my meat log I did last week. I also do brisket, pork shoulder, chicken and turkey in the smoker. In the dutch ovens I cook chili, cobbler, pies and anything you can cook in a regular oven. I love to cook outdoors and my wife lets me. :)

My Bacon and Sausage Meat log
Bacon7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dutch oven cooking - yum. My Scouting experience taught me early in life the value of a well seasoned dutch oven......

I specialize in everything from Omlettes to Salads, to Pizzas to Plank Salmon on the BBQ to stuffed Portabello Shrooms.

I grew up in the rural midwest and my mom spent a lot of time teaching me how to cook,can vegetables, make jelly, etc., pie crusts were made from scratch-no frozen ones at home, she even made ketchup, it was delecious. I still do 90% of the cooking around here---not a lot of exotic items, just down home foods.

Well, I can do it all and do it all well!

to narrow it down to just one?????

I can give you SWMBO's favs!

Puerto Neuvo shrimp cocktail
Clam chowder, red and white
Jerky
Cane Asada
BBQ sauce
Newest, Bison steaks!

Mel

My specialty is sitting on the couch yelling at the wife to get her butt in to the kitchen and cook me dinner!!! :craz

My cooking specialty is boiling the kettle 10 times a day for my coffee
Man = work
Women = kitchen
and never the twain shall meet

I do most of the cooking at home, but my specialty is baking bread from scratch. Not many things smells better than fresh baked bread.

I don't do much of the cooking anymore but there was a day I cooked all the time. Nowadays, seems like I'm the breakfast guru. Anything typical of breakfast and I'm the man!

I don't "cook" but I do "grill" and my family's favorite is a beef brisket BBQ from the smoker. I didn't say I smoke meat! They also like my beer brats and burgers. My wife is defiantly the cook and she is from the North but while my mom was still alive my wife learned a lot of Southern dishes and how to cook everything in bacon grease!

"tarafied1" said:
... my wife learned a lot of Southern dishes and how to cook everything in bacon grease!

Everything is better when cooked in bacon grease. We keep a jar of it next to the stove!

My speciality is Fettuchini Alfredo, a recipe I got out of Esquire almost 30 years ago, amazingly simple but incredibly delicious.

Back