• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What's your favorite song to listen to while driving the Stang?

When I was a teen, I cruised in my 67 Stang jamming to Night Ranger, I had all their stuff on cassetts! All the songs listed by you guys would be great, I have a radio in my Stang but I have mostly just listened to the engine moan as one long song (or something like that as Bob Seager would say). :gs

"Opentracker" said:
Solid lifters by The 351 Clevelands

That's what I'm talking about!

I heard a 67 GT500 come into the Expo Center years ago, had a 427 side oiler in it. The crowd became silent and we all stood with ears pointed......was one of the best engines I've ever heard.

"gotstang" said:
Wow. That's a tough one. Especially since I've never driven my mustang. :rofl

Yes
Rush
Doobies - Rockin Down the Highway
Doobies - Take Me in Your Arms
Green Day - American Idiot (most of the album)

Well...there's a lot more than that, that's just what comes to mind as music that WILL make me speed.

Hall and Oates' Private Eyes had me doing 70 in a 55 today, but I swear, I wasn't singing along. It was the alien mind control, honest.

Dude.....aren't you in your twenties?

"gotstang" said:
Yeah. There's not a whole lot of music I like that was made after hair bands went out of style. :rofl
If you'd have added Nazareth and Blue Oyster Cult to your list I'd fell outta my chair :yikes

B.O.C. Veteran of a thousand psychic wars.
Bad Company Rock and Roll Fantasy.
Eagles Hotel California.
Nazareth Hair of the Dog.
Queen Bohemian Rhapsody

"silverblueBP" said:
That's what I'm talking about!

I heard a 67 GT500 come into the Expo Center years ago, had a 427 side oiler in it. The crowd became silent and we all stood with ears pointed......was one of the best engines I've ever heard.
so are you saying that not only are your ears big, they are also pointed? Maybe that why you couldn't catch the pt, too much wind resistance from those floppy's hangin out of the helmet. :gobp :dumas :toot

Skynyrd, zeppein, some corny hairband stuff.

"tarafied1" said:
When I was a teen, I cruised in my 67 Stang jamming to Night Ranger, I had all their stuff on cassetts! All the songs listed by you guys would be great, I have a radio in my Stang but I have mostly just listened to the engine moan as one long song (or something like that as Bob Seager would say). :gs

I would have to say my "teen" song was Van Halen's Hot Summer nights. Many good memories cruisin my first '68 FB with VH jammin...

Mandy by Barry Manilow

Now that's a smokin car driving song :gobp

"lethal289" said:
so are you saying that not only are your ears big, they are also pointed? Maybe that why you couldn't catch the pt, too much wind resistance from those floppy's hangin out of the helmet. :gobp :dumas :toot

Skynyrd, zeppein, some corny hairband stuff.

:wtf is zeppein?????

and as far as my dumbo ears........Beagles have been known to be jealous :yikes

"lethal289" said:
thats funny, hes already :gobp

Sorry, meant zeppelin, as in Led Zeppelin!?

I know who Zeppelin is, question is, do you see the spell checker button :dumas

a couple come to mind

montrose: bad motor scooter
sammy hager: mas tequila
dio: man on the silver mountain.

Back