• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wheels and grille

Dave2g

I found a good deal for a package, tires and wheels for $900 total. But it's 17 inch wheels, I have 15. Is there anything I need to do since it is a different size? Maybe some suggestions.

And I dislike the 67 grille style, with the chrome plating in front of the grille. More of a fan of the bullet type, without the plating. This way I'll have more room for my horns... :whis

Is this easy to do? Just need a push in the right direction...

I have 17 X 8 rims with 245/45/17 tires.
But to be honest , I like CMAYNA's car SHAG has the better choice. He has 16 inch wheels which still has that retro look.Love it.
Grill , never saw a car with the grill mounted more to front of the car.Don't think it will look better.I have mounted 2 high beam bulbs behind the grill.Its tight but doweble.

Attachments

• frt beams.jpg
    frt beams.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 37
  • 67mustangbanner.jpg
    67mustangbanner.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 36
Hmm I see. But would I need to do anything extra? Like spacers or something when I changed the wheel size? Or am I just thinking it's harder than it really is

Dave,
It's just my own taste but I find 17 rims being too big for my personal tastes. For a very stock look, stay with 15 but tires are getting harder to find. Thus I went 16 and am very happy with it. I'm running 225-50-16's.

Grill - Are you saying you want that area all black? I believe there are all black grills available such as:

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1967-mustang-grill?gclid=CJm9rMKX770CFVBgfgodsqsAmQ

I've heard about others who've made their own grills with different screen materials from the local hardware store. I would think that a 68 grill would fit a 67.

Here's KBMWRS's 67 with a black grill.

jyjyteze.jpg

Re: Wheels and grill

"cmayna" said:
Dave,
It's just my own taste but I find 17 rims being too big for my personal tastes. For a very stock look, stay with 15 but tires are getting harder to find. Thus I went 16 and am very happy with it. I'm running 225-50-16's.

Grill - Are you saying you want that area all black? I believe there are all black grills available such as:

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1967-mustang-grill?gclid=CJm9rMKX770CFVBgfgodsqsAmQ

I've heard about others who've made their own grills with different screen materials from the local hardware store. I would think that a 68 grill would fit a 67.
Yes I like that black grill.
Where do you buy your tires at? Also looking for black torque thrusters too

Back