1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

When your # is up

Discussion in 'Non Mustang General Discussion' started by 3175375, Jan 29, 2018.

1. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

I worked with one over 28 years and while we had our differences, he always respected my opinion.

He took me in and I stayed in an extra bedroom in his townhouse. I asked him what do I owe you to stay here? He said nothing. He said 'You mentored me and you can stay here as long as you want, gratis'.

He retired in July 2017.
    Our time while I was there was good. We both were into electric guitars and he would wake up around 7:30AM and tell me 'it's time to wake up the neighbors' and proceed to play his telecaster.

After I moved back to South Dakota, we would speak every other day or so, just to keep up on things.

A couple of weeks ago, I had tried to contact him and only was left to his voicemail.

Several other attempts resulted in the same.
    I finally got ahold of his daughter on Facebook and she responded.
    Yesterday, I got a text message from his ex-wife asking me to call her.

The worst had happened. He died in his townhouse. I do not know any more details, but he was taken too early (55).

Mark, Rest in Peace.
    8^(

2. B67FSTB

B67FSTB The NorCal dude from Belgium

55 ! man , let you think about life. I am 58.
    My condolences to that family.
    Must be kind of a shock to you I guess.
    Time to make my bucket list.

3. 3175375

4. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

and thus why I am going to travel and enjoy.

5. 3175375

Bingo!

6. FordDude

FordDude Well-Known Dude Staff Member Moderator

Wife wants me to work until I am 70 because Suze Orman said so. F that. I am ready now, but will stick it out for 2 more years.

fd

7. SkidMark

SkidMark Active Member

I've done the math at the SS website. My figures tell me that I will be 83 before waiting til 70 makes sense. Wife and I are both 53, will be collecting the day we are eligible.

8. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

My wife is 5 years younger than me and we need my health insurance for her. So as soon as she can go medicare (which I think is 62) then I am retiring, making me 67. I have 6.5 years to go.

Larry G likes this.
  9. Larry G

Larry G Member

65 for medicare John if they don’t change it before Julie is eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 3175375

For men, take the $ as soon as possible. Women live longer so they can wait.

11. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Retirement. Ha! I'll drop dead long before that happens I'm sure.

RapidRabbit likes this.
  12. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

That would mean I have to work until 70, I do not think I can last that long (at my job). I am already feed up with it.

13. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

That's the boat I'm in. I have 26 more years, if I make to 70.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk