• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Where do these wires go please?

Dne'

Now remember, I bought this car as a rolling chassis, so I don't really have much of a clue where these 4 wires plug into. I know some of you know~ I hope! If I'm not making myself clear enough, let me know.

Four prong plug to the left:
Three prong wire just below the 4 prong:
The long single wire:(?)to the oil sender? or temperature switch?
The plug beside the master cylinder:

"other" wires that I'm not quite sure as to where they go: The two plugs coming off of the neutral safety switch from my c4 tranny. I know one must be the back up light?
IMG_8144.jpg

"Sportbikechick" said:
Now remember, I bought this car as a rolling chassis, so I don't really have much of a clue where these 4 wires plug into. I know some of you know~ I hope! If I'm not making myself clear enough, let me know.

Four prong plug to the left:
Three prong wire just below the 4 prong:
The long single wire:(?)to the oil sender? or temperature switch?
The plug beside the master cylinder:

"other" wires that I'm not quite sure as to where they go: The two plugs coming off of the neutral safety switch from my c4 tranny. I know one must be the back up light?
IMG_8144.jpg

The three wire prong is for your engine harness, One wire goes to the coil, one for the temp sending unit and the other is the Oil sending unit

on a '68 there is a White with red stripe, thats the oil sending unit. There is a red with white stripe and thats the temp sending unit. The third wire is red with green stripe, thats the one that goes to the coil.

The four prong plug is your Neutral Safety Switch/Backup Light plug.

The three prong plug is the coil, oil pressure, and temp sending unit lines, as stated previously.

The single line, if I read the photo correctly, is green, and that is for your A/C Compressor.

The two prong plug is for the front marker/turn signal lights, if it is white/blue and green/white.

From your resident 'lectrical guru. :toot :toot

"Midlife" said:
The two prong plug is for the front marker/turn signal lights, if it is white/blue and green/white.

For the turn signals in the hood... correct?

"Sluggo" said:

Possibly/probably. I'm not all that familiar with that year's underhood harness configuration. That plug is not standard as coming from the underdash harness for any year. Some 67-69 GT configurations with fog lamps have some unusual wiring for the turn signals.

So, if I were ever to put a turn signal hood on, I would use those wires by the MC? so that wire can be tucked out of the way. Can't thank ya'll enough! I'm sure I'll add to this for some other wires. :bow Thanks again!
dne'

"Sluggo" said:

The wiring harness is an aftermarket that I bought that comes from under the dash to the front crossmember, etc. My old harness was butchered pretty badly and not usable.

"Sportbikechick" said:
So, if I were ever to put a turn signal hood on, I would use those wires by the MC? so that wire can be tucked out of the way. Can't thank ya'll enough! I'm sure I'll add to this for some other wires. :bow Thanks again!
dne'

Dunno for sure. But if you stick a test light in there with the blinkers on you'll find out :headac

That's where the turn signal wire for my hood scoop comes out on mine.

"Sluggo" said:
that's what it is for, my car had the turn signal hood. Even cars without the TS hood had the plug with nuttin plugged in...

Back