• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which color air cleaner

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Chrome ot satin black?

Such important questions..... :thum

abezaza7.jpg

adyrusem.jpg

me7abavy.jpg

ygujuzu2.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

I lean toward the black also, but only by a tiny bit, they both look good to me. what I'd like to see is a satin chrome top but I don't know of anyone that makes one.

Probably no satin chrome but they do make satin aluminum that look pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like both but black looks awesome! To me fits the front end no chrome look you have done. Thumbs Up!!

OK maybe I'll find some pre superbowl time and do the swap. I was going to just buy a black top but with a chromed base, I'd lose some sleep. So for another $14 I got a complete air cleaner with filter. One thing nice about this is that I can easily go back to chrome any time.

Craig what brand is that? Most of the manufacturers put their name or logo on them, the one you have is nice and clean looking. Also what's the measurement on the drop base?

"Larry G" said:
Craig what brand is that? Most of the manufacturers put their name or logo on them, the one you have is nice and clean looking. Also what's the measurement on the drop base?

Larry, Here's the ebay link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Round-Black-Air-Cleaner-Assembly-Recessed-Dropped-Base-w-3-Paper-Filter-/390603454496?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af1c7b820&vxp=mtr

Fits 4 barrel carburetors with 5 1/8" neck such as Holley, Carter, Edelbrock, and BG.
•Black painted
•Dropped base (1.25" drop)
•3" paper filter

•Includes stud and wing nut
•Has 2 smog tube/PCV fitting knock-outs in base

Back