• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which parts to complete a 1968 AC ?

atevres

I ask your advice for compiling AC shares.

I wrote to Old Air Products to ask what to buy with the exception of the pieces that I have at home, but have not responded to my email (I understand that we Italians are not seen well in the world :shrug).
I saw Old Air because they have the kit box under dash (Hurricane?) very small and compact and so much easier to install.
Do you know who I can turn to complete my kit AC?

These are the parts that I have (photo taken from the web here at the office because I do not have photos of my parts):

Thanks

daveSanborn

Unless the Old Air Products kit has changed, it can't be used with a factory AC/Heater Control Panel. Their kit could only be used to convert a non-AC car to AC. Part of this conversion entails using the non-AC Heater Control Panel.

daveSanborn

Also, for the Left and Right air vents, from the factory there were plastic 90 degree elbows needed to connect the air hoses to the vents. I'm unsure if these are available through the aftermarket. I know they weren't included in the Old Air Products kit when we bought it a few years ago. Their kit mounts the side vents onto the factory kick panels. :wtf

Sluggo

Email Ron at classic auto air. He knows his stuff and the can probably get you some of the stuff you are missing. Here's his email Ron@classicautoair.com.

He will answer your e-mail and will be more than happy to help you out.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I just installed a Classic Auto Air system and worked with Jeff. I just need a hot day to really try it out.

bluestang

I have a 68 with In dash Fact AC. Car is a C code. my AC is original except for a Sanden.
Have been told I have a wrong fan which is
CF
C8SE - B. This no. is on each blade base. 5 blade. THe fan changes pitch with
change of RPM.