• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which Shifter Handle?

gtscode

Need to pick one of these for my gear vendors activation.

Which do you like more? Hurst t-handle or the billet ball? Both have switches to activate over drive.

Hurst:

45b5cb60-fcbb-07a9.jpg

45b5cb60-fccc-bd4c.jpg

Or billet ball:

45b5cb60-fcee-72c1.jpg

45b5cb60-fcff-19b6.jpg

I need to pick one before installing the carpet.

Thanks

Here's one that would be perfect for your car Justin.......

GoBabyGo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The ball.....Is it a slopomatic made to look like a manual? Electric od on a manual. I have seen them, but not often. Or is it a gear vendor setup?

Mel

"cmayna" said:
Here's one that would be perfect for your car Justin.......

GoBabyGo.jpg

That won't work because it needs am on off switch that is just a momentary switch.

I guess everyone likes the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, No, No......A T handle is only for a car with a $hit full of horse power. Anything less than that should stay with the traditional ball shifter.

"cmayna" said:
No, No, No......A T handle is only for a car with a $hit full of horse power. Anything less than that should stay with the traditional ball shifter.

Hmmmm. 390 not enough!!!

Actually it's not the amount of HP but more the way the owner is going to be driving the car. I find the T handle not very comfortable for it forces your hand to mold to it's odd shape. Do we really need that amount of mass on top of the shifter stick?

Ok,,,,,,maybe it's just me.

Craig does have a point...and I a solution. If you turn the handle almost vertical, say 10 or 11 o'clock, it fits perfectly in the hand. I have a T handle in the Goat and have it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were my car I would use the traditional white Hurst ball and mount the switch somewhere else. The seperate tethered wire tied to the nice chrome handle looks unfinished to me... I'm guessing that your only going to be activating it when you take long trips, so it shouldn't be too inconveneint if it were mounted under the dash, or maybe custom shifter bezel with an integrated button.... Another thought is foot operated switch like used on the high beams.

Of the two choices, I'd go with the T handle. Chrome ball looks like it belongs on a low rider with a chain steering wheel. A traditional white ball might look better. I usually like the look of the ball on the pre 69 cars. 69 and 70s have to have a T.

Back