• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which Stereo?

Frank, Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but the bezel was being held into place with only 1 screw for photographic reasons only for I'm not ready for a permanent install as of quite yet. The speaker and power wires weren't hooked up and I want to do a little more under the dash wiring clean up before I seal the dash up.

I have always liked the Alpines. I have a 9853 in my Cuda and bought one for the Stang. Too cool with the color adjustable buttons and the monochrome screen. Although a bit of a dinosaur, many hail it as the best unit Alpine ever built.

showpic.php

Then again I was considering going old school.....who remembers the large dial, brushed aluminum front Pioneer Super Tuners? Werent they the coolest with the large green light up display? If I was going underdash, that would be it.

Pio-KP500_02.jpg

I've had good luck with the DUAL brand units. I've got one sitting in my clothes closet waiting to be installed in my Mustang. I have the same unit in our Alfa Romeo and it's nice. It's got HD Radio receiver and I also bought the bluetooth adapter so we can use our cell phones hands free. It also has a usb port on the front of it for MP3 thumb drives, as well as a 3.5mm jack for those apple thingies.

Looks like you've already chosen - Crutchfield is a great place to purchase the radios.

Back