• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which way does the rear window weatherstrip go? (65 fastback)

jtfx6552

I ruined my rear window to deck lid transition panel. The repro has a much different shape in the window groove. Long story short, the back of the channel is not perpendicular to the window, but on about a 30-45 degree angle, which will leave a lot less room for the weather strip. I decided I need to test fit my rear window before welding it on to see if the weatherstrip will fit in there without modifying the panel. If anyone has installed this panel:
3647YZ.jpg
and knows the window will fit, that would be helpful to know as well.

Anyway, I took the weatherstrip out of the box, and it has more folds than... well never mind, G rated board...

I really don't like to move or even my rear glass too much as I fear breaking it, will it be obvious when I go to put this strip on the glass what is the moulding side side, and what is the lower side?

I'm just doing a test fit, any opinions on whether the weather strip will stay on the glass well enough without any adhesive, or do I need to make a mess now?

If it matters, the weatherstrip I have is made by Carpenter.

There really is only one way to put the gasket on, the lip that you will install the rope in goes in the inside. Square corners go to the top round one at the bottom. Once you have it on the glass it will stretch out. You won't need and adhesive to hold it on.

Back