• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wife's 1st ride in Shag today

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
With MITM happening this next weekend, I'm trying to put as many miles on Shag as possible. Today, wife, Shag and I went to Alice's Restaurant in Skylonda, CA. for lunch. Shag climbed 1500' like a mountain goat as I hoped. 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear are crazy at 2400 rpm's. Afterwards we traveled north along the mountain ridge before we dropped back down into civilization. Big storm coming in so Shag exercised his wipers for the first time as we flew through the misty mountain top. Once we got out of the drizzly weather along the mountain ridge we stopped at a favorite vista point.

The Green turd is running wonderfully. Wife was impressed with the amount of lookie loo's that we encountered.

4_18_09_10_5_24_30.JPG

Always nice when the first ride with the wife goes good. Looking good out there Craig.

"66gt350" said:
So what you're trying to say is that you Shagged your wife today??? :lol
i wasn't going to ask it, glad you did :lol
great looking car and at least it didn't break down with her in it that would have been the end of it... :rp

"fordrule" said:
you ever take her down, moody road in Los Altos or Page Mill...some fun hairpins I used to drive jojo on

Not yet but last weekend the wife rode her bicycle UP Moody road to page Mill.

"fordrule" said:
you ever take her down, moody road in Los Altos or Page Mill...some fun hairpins I used to drive jojo on

Those are some fun roads. This week I'm scheduled to meet with some classmates at Rossotti's in Portola Valley ( Alpine Road and Arastradero). That place hasn't changed in at least 40 years!!!

those are fun roads. I went to Mtn View High school. I used to drive up to alpine road and chill out at one of the look out points where the fog would roll over the mountains into the bay from the pacific

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Are you leaving the rocker mouldings off? Looks good without them. :10

Frank

Yes Frank, I have decided to leave the rocker moulding off. I love the look as is. My painter will be filling in the holes and do some blending of the paint.

You could always have the rockers painted body color, mine are at the painters now, they are coating it in a textured material, similar to the undercarriage and then spraying it body color. The top of the rocker will stay aluminum and get cleared with the rest.

that sounds cool, be sure to post some pics of that. My first Mustang was painted by my (now) BIL and he used this rubberized texture coating along the rocker panel to prevent chips. It was the new thing in the 80's but it worked. I never thought of doing that to the rocker and I like the idea of leaving the top brite, that should really be trick!

Well, they may actually be done. I took them to the painter at the beginning of the summer and went back about a month later and they hadnt been touched so I've been to pissed to go back or call him about them.

Rick,
I would love to see a close up of the texture when you get them.....but listening to you, I might have mine done and installed before you contact your painter? - OMG

Back