• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

window assembly help

kb3

I am trying to piece together the parts needed to install the windows in the doors of a 65. I have the vent window assembly and side windows. I can purchase the regulator and the scissors, but further research shows there is a multitude of small parts in the doors to make the windows work. Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams on how it goes together? better yet does anyone have any scrap doors they want to sell the parts from?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

I'll put some pictures up 2 morrow i dont know if 67-68s are the same but i have 2 junk doors... I took all the glass out of mine and skinned it then left it sit for months and forgot how it went back together, It's not too hard but getting them straight is a different story-time consuming...

It appears the 67-68s are different from the 65-66 doors. I would appreciate seeing a picture as I have found a guy on ebay selling lots of window/door parts. I have a question about one part...I have not found it in any 65 pictures so it might be a 67 piece. Maybe someone can tell me for certain?

Here is a link to the part:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150629225983?ss ... 500wt_1413

I don't have any parts I can sell you but I can try and provide you with as many pics as you like. Just let me know what pics your trying to get.

The eBay listing above, I do remember those, PIA. Actually the whole ordeal was, I don't remember if that particular piece was but I am pretty sure it was part of it. LoL.

"S8NS 289" said:
I'll put some pictures up 2 morrow i dont know if 67-68s are the same but i have 2 junk doors... I took all the glass out of mine and skinned it then left it sit for months and forgot how it went back together, It's not too hard but getting them straight is a different story-time consuming...

I'll take that info though :thu

Bill

Dont buy those for 40$ yet i just remembered i have 2 junk 65 doors- I'll take the die grinder and cut the inside panel out first and put up pics (sorry i was stuck inside all day :rant) then Ill pull those out and you can have whatever you want just for shipping.... I'll get cutting tommorrow...

"S8NS 289" said:
Dont buy those for 40$ yet i just remembered i have 2 junk 65 doors- I'll take the die grinder and cut the inside panel out first and put up pics (sorry i was stuck inside all day :rant) then Ill pull those out and you can have whatever you want just for shipping.... I'll get cutting tommorrow...

That would be perfect! thanks so much...I will stand by for pictures and parts

Ken

There are a lot of little bits and pieces inside the door, for sure. Many are hard to see in pictures. Do you have an assembly manual? There are many drawings in it which really helped me when putting the guts back into mine even though I took a lot of pictures prior to taking them apart.

It was cold today :skul
IMG_4734.jpg

This is not going to be pretty, looks like stevie wonder help me cut this out--

Anyway there are a few differences between 65 and my 68 the biggest things were my 68 has 4 adjustment bolts where i only found 2 on this for the fly windows here
IMG_4735.jpg

Another was this pivot for the arms of the window gear in the middle of the door here
IMG_4744-1.jpg

Also the 68 had 3 phillips head screws and 2 clips to take the glass out the 65 has 1 clip with a bolt here
IMG_4750.jpg

And the removal of the track and gear which is a couple bolts-

There is 3 tracks 2 are attatched to the gear assembly and 1 is bolted to the door and runs like this-
IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4757.jpg

more to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_4758-1.jpg

then the 2 main track guides are the fly window "redneck A/C" and the main guide at the back of the door that is bolted into place with 2 bolts up top and 1 at the bottom covered by a body plug here is the rear guide and one of the stops built in to the unit
IMG_4752-1.jpg

IMG_4759-1.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4748-1.jpg

On to the little parts- there are 2 stops bolted to the door panel here, The window gear has 2 tabs one on top & bottom these stops catch the tabs so the rollers don't slip track
IMG_4736-1.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4739-1.jpg

IMG_4765-1.jpg

IMG_4766-1.jpg

IMG_4762-1.jpg

i re-assembled the window unit to the cut part so you could see all the working parts together
IMG_4767-1.jpg

IMG_4768-1.jpg

If anybody needs more pics, different angles or any questions ask, i have it all together in working order, i guess i should take a video but im not into youtube, or even know how to get them from there to here?

Thanks! that is a perfect set of pictures to help me understand the workings inside the door. I see all the pieces I need and will try to post pictures with identification to show you. Do you have two doors worth you are willing to part with?

Ken

ok....I will take just about every loose part there is. I don't need the regulator or the scissors, but I do need all the bolts and fastners that go with those. Every clip and stop as well as the back tracks would be great. Below are a few of the things I know I need, but again, I will take everything part that comes loose!

Attachments

• rear track stop 2.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 11
  • rear track stop.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 9
  • rear track.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 8
  • stop clip.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 9
  • upper and lower stops.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 9
"6t6red" said:
Don't forget about the two metal tabs that mount into the door for the armrest mount screws.

:thu I didn't even consider those....thanks!

"67 Fastback" said:
I'll take that info though :thu

Bill
sorry bill i didnt get back to you, I did the same thing to a ROTTEN 67 door i bought over the phone,-mistake- and learned alot If you want i can put up pics of that one too if you want?-

"S8NS 289" said:
sorry bill i didnt get back to you, I did the same thing to a ROTTEN 67 door i bought over the phone,-mistake- and learned alot If you want i can put up pics of that one too if you want?-
yes!
This thread should become a sticky or be in the tech section. Very nice man!!!

Back