• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Windshield washer setup

66gt350

In my 66 I don't have any of the windshield washer parts. It never worked when I bought the car, so I ripped what was there out. Now that I'm driving the car daily, I'm wanting to put it back it. I've never been impressed with the stock 66 setup with the bag. So has anyone retrofitted a different type of reservoir into a 65/66? I figure that nothing else under the hood is stock, so why should the windshield washer be stock....

I know that I'll need to put back all the wiring from the switch to the pump, get a new pump, nozzles, and tubing. Am I missing something?

They make the round stainless or chrome reservoirs just hook it to a pump and hoses to nozzles and wire it in to the switch....

Mel

In Red, I use a F150 washer/coolant overflow setup. The washer portion has it's own washer pump.

A little bit of work but you might also consider a itermitten wiper setup.

Thanks Craig. I think that may do the trick. How wide is it? Would it fit next to the rad on the support? I can't put it where Red's is cause that is where my clutch reservoir is and next to that is the future reservoir for the power steering.

I already have intermittent wipers in the car with help from you......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's too long to fit on the rad support between the rad and driver's inner fender.

Thanks Craig. I was hoping that it would fit on the rad support....but, I think I found the solution. A reservoir from a '69 mustang. It has the pump in the bottom, and should fit nicely in the corner.

Back