• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Winter projects...nothing major

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
This year's projects:

Repaired leaking thermostat housing gasket. Installed new gasket and thermostat while there. Also flushed the coolant.
LED instrument lights
Install oil gauge in clock position
Rechrome rear bumper

Took the bumper off and deleivered it to the chromer.
Found a flip gas cap at a flea market and since it looked better than mine will use it. Getting the base rechromed with the bumper.

Took panel cluster out. Craig offered up a spare oil gauge which I promptly bent the needle (Craig straightened my needle).
Installed a oil sensor with slight bending of the oil dip stick housing.
Cleaned the housing and repainted the black inner circle of the Speedo and Tach.
Bought new lenses from NPD (Scott Drake)
Bought the LEDs from Mustang Project (in blue)

This weekend the panel goes back together.

I have been wanting to put LED cluster lights in my 66 also. I just got an order from NPD about a week ago and I didn't see the LED bulbs in the catalog. Then I read this post and checked their online catalog. Now I will have to pay shipping(shart). I will order mine Friday.

With Autometer gauges like I use in both Mustangs, the gauges are already bright.......just like me.

"cmayna" said:
With Autometer gauges like I use in both Mustangs, the gauges are already bright.......just like me.

Don't you have an expresso machine to get ready for tomorrow? :steer

"6t6red" said:
I have been wanting to put LED cluster lights in my 66 also. I just got an order from NPD about a week ago and I didn't see the LED bulbs in the catalog. Then I read this post and checked their online catalog. Now I will have to pay shipping(shart). I will order mine Friday.

Got my LEDS from Mustang project, not NPD. My LED taillights are from Mustang project too.

Here's the picture of mine:

index.php

Frank

Attachments

• Instruments.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 104
Wow...I could read a book with that light.

Here's what I have now....understand why I need the new lights?
IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

And these pics are CLOSE up. :shrug

If your temp is reading at low and your gas at "E", I think you have much bigger problems.

:sm_NTA

except that I have my autometer gauges laying around for almost a year now.
can't find the time to put them together .
I have lost the motivation to work on the stang. :rant :rant

Love my blue LEDs. Well white with blue diffusers. My high beam and turn signal indicators are way too bright though.

Back