• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wiper Blades

hivewax

This is the first time replacing wiper blades on the '66. I went to NAPA and Advance Auto... all were wiper blade assemblies. I just needed the 15" rubber/silicon blade, not the metal frame. I did buy some cheap blade assemblies from NAPA under $4 each and removed the blade from the frame.

Where can I purchase just the wiper blade material?

I'm interested in getting PIAA silicon blades, but w/out the frame - http://www.quadratec.com/products/55301_213.htm

You used to be able to get Trico refills at all the usual parts houses, but the past few years they've disappeared. I just order the Trico refills from NPD now, only place I know of that sells them.

For all my other vehicles, I use the rain-x wipers, whatever the premium ones are that run about $20-25 each. I tried a single one of them on the driver side of my daily driver, and after the first rain seeing how it worked, replaced the passenger side and the ones on all the other cars too.

My local O'Reilly's orders parts for me from their warehouse free of charge, if it's not the right part I'm looking for they send it back w/in ~4-5days or if I don't pick it up at all.

I had them order ANCO U15R (pretty sure that was the part#, a universal 15" blade). They worked perfect as I had the original wiper arms/frame. The ANCO's were the metal framed ones with the pinch at the end also so they're not the plastic back ones, look original to the car.
See if anyone local to you can get ANCO.
Jon

Back