• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wiring help - turn signal 67 Mustang

gtscode

Hey guys! Hope all are well.

The turn signal on my car isn't working neither is the brake light but with the headlights in the light is working.

Refresh my memory where I've lost connection is it the headlight switch itself?

You may need to replace the brake light switch
yeah, the brake light switch is the culprit I would suspect since you don't have either. Do the emergency or four way flashers work? They will also be effected by the brake light switch.

All turn signals and brake lights go through the turn signal switch, a notoriously unreliable switch. Buy a new one. The stated symptoms all point towards it.

+1

The Captain gets that from time to time. I keep a spare.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

All turn signals and brake lights go through the turn signal switch, a notoriously unreliable switch. Buy a new one. The stated symptoms all point towards it.
yes! now I recall I had a similar problem with my TS switch. How soon I forget!!!
I had a tail light issue and it fried my turn signal switch and I didn't have brake lights or turn signals. For some reason I was thinking it was the brake switch but now that Mid said that I remembered my TS switch was the problem. Sorry about that!
I went to see my doctor about my memory, he said I had a good memory, it was just short...

Yeah time to get the multimeter out.

To be more clear its just the passenger brake light and turn signal not working same with hazards.

Only thing that lights up is the light when headlights go on.

I checked the pins at the connector and all looked ok.

I checked the pins at the connector and all looked ok.
Looks can be deceiving, especially when the problem is not at the connector but at the turn signal switch itself under the steering wheel.

First and easiest thing to do is unplug the tail light and test power and ground at the tail light connector.

Back