• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Won a Trophy at a Car Show

Jack1966

Was going to post this earlier, but was too depressed after seeing the size of Kev's trophy and the scantily clad waif.

A couple of my favorites from the show:

"Kats66Pny" said:
Gratz!!

Remember, it's not the size of the trophy..... it's .. ahh nevermind. :lol

Congratz !! :vic

Seize doesn't matter , its just what you do with it and how...... oef ... wrong forum :craz :craz :)

"Fast68back" said:
Is that Dave's (1497) Hertz?

No, I don't think so. I think it was in the same show a few years back and if IIRC looked unrestored and amazingly like it was driven.

"Jack1966" said:
No, I don't think so. I think it was in the same show a few years back and if IIRC looked unrestored and amazingly like it was driven.

Congratulations Jack.
No, that wasn't me, I have seen that car before, though. Did he trophy this time? My signature pic is from that show a couple of years ago. Yes, my car is driven often and in the spirit in which it was originally intended. I usually get points off for bugs in the radiator.

Congrats Jack.

Just got done with another cosmetic project on mine...trying to clean up a few things for the local car club's charity show in November. I got rid of the nasty old strap that was holding down my battery and used the kit John's Mustang sells to convert to '67 (I believe) style hold down that has the bar across the top and two big screws basically...

"1497" said:
I usually get points off for bugs in the radiator.

I would see no point to owning one of these cars if you can't / don't drive it so I am in the same boat as you. No way I am putting in the blood, sweat and tears to just look at it.

"Jack1966" said:
Was going to post this earlier, but was too depressed after seeing the size of Kev's trophy and the scantily clad waif.

Sounds like you have 'Trophy envy'....
Took my unrestored '67 to shows for a year and a half and came home with plenty of ideas but no awards, wife's car won 3 plaques at the first show we put it in....
Cogratz on a win!
Jon

Congrats on the win. :10 But I have an observation and a question. You sure do like the black cars. :pbj And what color shirt are you wearing in the pic?

fd

"FordDude" said:
Congrats on the win. :10 But I have an observation and a question. You sure do like the black cars. :pbj And what color shirt are you wearing in the pic?

fd

What's not to like about a Black/Gold Hertz Shelby. The second pic is a Black 65 FB that has a stunning contrasting white interior and happened to be a K-code too boot--not too shabby. The 65 Falcon IIRC actually is Ivy Green. I love 64/65 Falcons with their shorter hood and longer trunk line than the Mustang. I still miss my 65 Falcon (see pic below). It was my daily driver with well over 100K miles on it when I sold it in 1979 for $900. And I'm the guy with the silly grin on the far right end (blue T-shirt).

"1497" said:
Congratulations Jack.
No, that wasn't me, I have seen that car before, though. Did he trophy this time? My signature pic is from that show a couple of years ago. Yes, my car is driven often and in the spirit in which it was originally intended. I usually get points off for bugs in the radiator.

I believe he did trophy, but I'm not for sure. To me, how the cars were classed was confusing. Last time I was there I competed against 65-68 Fastbacks. This time I'm not sure what years. My other observation was the increasing popularity of the 69 and 70 Mustang Mach 1s. I believe they won both "Best Mustang" and popular vote (?) categories.

I too have been confused at their shows. The last time I participated there was a 20 point difference in the final scores for my car, one of the reasons I haven't entered again. They should offer a display only option at this show for guys like me who aren't club members and don't like to be insulted by judges that are. Maybe next year...

Back