• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WooHoo--I'm part of the NorCal Fastback club now

crustycurmudgeon

I'm the proud new owner of a '67 Fastback! It was a one owner car, but the powertrain has been heavily modded. It's Turquoise with Parchment interior. It's been "well used" and needs work. Ok, here are some pictures:

10886740092_large.jpg

10886740093_large.jpg

10886740094_large.jpg

Oh, I also got a '66 GT, Poppy Red. It's in much better condition:

10886740097_large.jpg

10886740099_large.jpg

And to round out the collection, a '67 convertible:

10886740100_large.jpg

My brother was cleaning out his garage and brought these to me. He got the '67 new that year, and the '66 probably belonged to our older brother, who took better care of it. It looks like the model is from the late 70's. I guess the fastback was converted to remote control.

Frank

Frank, let me be the first one to express my disappointment. Don't give in to peer pressure. You shouldn't feel like you have to get a FB to belong to Bay Area SF'ers. Shame on you Bay Area guys for pressuring Frank to get a FB.

Cool cars, though, you had me going as well.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I'm the proud new owner of a '67 Fastback! It was a one owner car, but the powertrain has been heavily modded. It's Turquoise with Parchment interior. It's been "well used" and needs work. Ok, here are some pictures:

Oh, I also got a '66 GT, Poppy Red. It's in much better condition:

And to round out the collection, a '67 convertible:

My brother was cleaning out his garage and brought these to me. He got the '67 new that year, and the '66 probably belonged to our older brother, who took better care of it. It looks like the model is from the late 70's. I guess the fastback was converted to remote control.

Frank

Craig, Mike, Justin, Michael, Narco, Allen:

Who's going to tell Frank that a scale model isn't quite the same thing?????

Craig, Mike, Justin, Michael, Narco, Allen:

Way to burst my bubble, Jeff. :cry

I don't really have anyplace to display them right now, so they'll probably just go in my closet for a while.

As for where to get them, you can try eBay. They're expensive. You can find info by Googling Mustang Wen-Mac.

Frank

"DEL65" said:
Frank, let me be the first one to express my disappointment. Don't give in to peer pressure. You shouldn't feel like you have to get a FB to belong to Bay Area SF'ers. Shame on you Bay Area guys for pressuring Frank to get a FB.

Cool cars, though, you had me going as well.

Woah, hold the phone! Frank said nothing about :gobp Area SF'ers, he said NorCal, which includes us in the Sacramento Valley. We will certainly let a die-cast fast back hang around with us. Hell, we let del65 hang around with us in his "pretend" car, why wouldn't we accept a die-cast?

I will admit, though, Frank, that you had me going, too!

I'm sorry, but those cars are obvious re-bodied falcons and comets and not Mustangs. I'm sure inspection of the VIN stampings in the aprons will bear me out. And if you can't find the VIN stampings in the fender aprons, need I say anything more about rebodies?

Mid has a point!

Very cool Frank and I too was about to come over there and have a word with you about your choices, glad to see the scale pics. I've seen those at Flea Market/Swap Meets and yeah they are real expensive, great score!

"JeffTepper" said:

Maybe there's a way to get a Frank to scale with the models? :naug

Next thing ya know Frank will be working on it in his driveway, converting it to a Eleanor in record time. :danc

Yes thats the coupe offered in the Fall of '65.

It offered a COX gas engine upgrade from the electric motor. Also had all lights that ran through light tubes from one source. And for fun you could roate the wheels although the hubs were on pretty tight and we nawwed of most of the spinners with a pair of pliers doing it.

The fastback was offered in later 66.

Back