• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTF - CA residents can no longer buy long tube headers?

Aw California. I lived there for 64 of my 65 years. It is so far left it is falling off the left coast- without the help of earthquakes. The weather is nice but that's about the only thing good I can say about it anymore. The liberal government does crazy-insane things like those mentioned above (only on an unimaginable scale) and their regulation has driven most of the industry out of the State- it's just too expensive to do business there. I had three jobs in my career- all in California- and the first two companies moved out of the state, leaving thousands of people to find new employment. I'm retired now and living near Atlanta where you can live for 25% less and buy an amazing house on acres of property for a fraction of what it would cost in SoCal. I still have fond memories of the place, but that's all they are- memories. Good luck Californian's, I hope you can bring the state back to sanity.

If we brought sanity back to CA, we'd have to close the borders to keep immigrants out!

I can't help but think of the song "The Last Resort" by The Eagles. the writers, Glenn Frey and Don Henley, lament the hordes of people coming to California and buying tacky tract houses and destroying "paradise". But the songwriters are not California natives, Glenn Frey is from Detroit, MI and Don Henley is from Texas.

Every time I think how much I want to get out, I think "hey, I'M not the one who ruined the state, why should I leave?"

Man it's things like this that are really making me reconsider any desire I might have once had to move to California! I'm currently living in the California of Texas (Austin) and it's pretty dang awesome. All the "green" stuff but balanced out by the "Texas" stuff. Only place you're likely to see a gun-toting cowboy in a Whole Foods LOL.

Sounds like it's time to make a friend in Reno or Vegas...

If we brought sanity back to CA, we'd have to close the borders to keep immigrants out!
Every time I think how much I want to get out, I think "hey, I'M not the one who ruined the state, why should I leave?"

Its cause and effect. An all pervasive liberal government is the cause, the immigrants are a small part of the effect. Remember that liberals like Latin immigrants because they vote for more liberals, that's the reason there are sanctuary cities. You can only hope to bring back some sanity IF you get rid of the liberal government. It wasn't always that way- Reagan was once the governor. The state once had the 5th largest economy in the world- as of 2013 it was 8th and falling.

Ah yes. Life in the People's Republic of California. Father Jerry is busy getting us right with the environment. I was going to suggest the same thing as David67. Sparks, NV has a big retail Summit outlet. You could buy them over the counter and then "smuggle" them back into paradise. Same thing I did with the high cap magazines for my 9mm. The gun came with two California 10 round mags so I drove to Reno and bought a couple of 18 round mags that the pistol was designed to use. BTW, when I bought the pistol here in the people's republic, I wanted to buy the version chambered for .40 cal. but the manufacturer had given up on submitting examples to the state for their inspection and so they just don't sell the .40 cal. in the Golden State. Might be the same issue with the long tubes.

Born in CA. Lived my entire life here. Our Liberal leaders are destroying this place.

Everyone who 'migrated here' should get a clue. Lemon fights, BB gun fights, hiking and playing hit the bat on Christmas Day. You all need to stay out. When your nose bleeds from the dry air, you might get a clue.

[ You all need to stay out. When your nose bleeds from the dry air, you might get a clue.[/QUOTE]

That's true, when I moved out of the Golden State my dry skin immediately improved too.
How about the small flush toilet regulations- my plumber said you have to go to Nevada for a descent crapper.

I installed shortys. Now I hear via SEMA, that the EPA wants to outlaw the conversion of street cars to race cars b/c of the excess emissions.

Today I tried to buy a set of JBA long tube headers #6610S. No big deal. Summit can't sell them to a CA resident due to new environmental laws enacted in Jan 2015. They can sell shorty's no prob, but long tubes, regardless of vehicle year are a no-no. One more reason I hate this state. I'm considering other options. Rant over.

The "Long Tube" headers are for the "Long Winded" politicians only...just say you are a lib Sacramento politician and they will send to you for free and taxpayers will fit the bill...don't forget to tell them that it's for your electric mustang too! :rolleyes:

Well, we've got to make it as difficult as possible to continue driving vehicles that are powered by fossil fuels so we can halt global warming or climate change or the boogie man or whatever scares us. Then we'll all be able to ride on those buses from various government entities that are running around dead a$$ed empty at tax payer's expense. Or maybe we can ride the governor's bullet train from Modesto to Fresno. Can't wait until all of the evil middle class are forced out of the racist suburbs and are forced into high rise apartments built around rapid transit stations. Nirvana!

Sounds to me like a "long tube header" is some sort of a cannabis paraphernalia...which may be why it is illegal in Kalifornia.
On one occasion I was picking my wife up from her hair dresser in Newport Beach (California) and noticed there were a lot of orderly/med tech people hanging around the parking lot. When asked she explained that right next door was a pot shop that was frequented by the med techs from a nearby hospital. Gee I wonder where they got the perscriptions for the medical marijuana? Who says our medical system doesn't work well!

First of all that's sucks on the headers. Up north it's the second coming of kalifornia in Washington. They adopted just about every single thing they do. Liberals are all in Seattle compared to the rest of the state and pass all the wacky ideas here.
Better yet is a guilty politician running for president. I used to really love America but what happened to values and beliefs? Standing for what you believe and honoring your elders, God and country? Sad

Back