• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yay for me!!

Kats66Pny

I put in an application with a vet clinic and today I got to go in for a working interview. Well she liked me and she hired me. :yah
It's a part time position working 5-6 days a week (with atleast one weekend a month off) from lunchtime until the clinic closing time.

oh goodie.....now you and my daughter can share vet clinic stories. She loves her job too.

oh goodie.....now you and my daughter can share vet clinic stories. She loves her job too.

Oh I have tons of stories from vet clinics. lol That's what I did before I decided to become a stay home mom. Hell I even spent a lot of $ on school for vet asst. Might as well put that schooling to use again and get my moneys worth!

Good luck---what happened at the car lot?

Couldn't afford to keep me around. He's doing a little better now. He got his financing license so he can now finance vehicles which will help his business out.

Good for you. Which clinic is it?
My daughter is in vet school up there.
She's big into cats, dogs, snakes and lizards.
Just today had a delicate operation to remove the eyeball of her basilisk because it got infected.....fun times!

"joesgt281" said:
Good for you. Which clinic is it?
My daughter is in vet school up there.
She's big into cats, dogs, snakes and lizards.
Just today had a delicate operation to remove the eyeball of her basilisk because it got infected.....fun times!

It's in North Bryan, on Hwy 21. Its actually a few blocks from the car lot I was working at. Its a small private practice. Mostly small animals and some large (horses, cattle, sheep, etc).

This might be a fairly easy job compared to other clinics I've worked at. I'm use to an ER clinic where all we saw on my shift (grave 7pm-7am) was emergencies and so it could be a very faced paced environment. This clinic doesn't do ER, only day practice so mainly routine things like spays/neuters, vaccinations, the occasional sneezing cat sort of things. I worked last Friday and we had only a few patients. Couple folks dropping off their dog for boarding, or just stopping in to buy meds.

The hardest part is going to be learning what this Vet likes, how he likes things done, etc. Every vet is different. As is every clinic manager. You have to learn to please 2 people and sometimes they each like things done differently. I get a little time to get use to their way before I'm expected to know it and not have to ask tons of questions.

My schedule is pretty cool. :thu
Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri .. 1pm until 5:30ish.
Wed is all day. 7:30am until 5:30ish.
*Clinic closes at 5:30 but there's end of the day stuff like cleaning, feeding the animals, letting them out to potty, etc.

and 2 or 3 Saturdays a month. The clinic is closed every 2nd Saturday of the month so there's atleast one Saturday off. Saturday hours are 7:30-noon. It only pays min. wage but I don't care. This is one of those jobs you do because you like it, not for the money.

Back