• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Yeah, I smoked that Wild Hare

gwstang

Swmbo and I took the 66 to Costco for some groceries this a.m. about 40 miles away so it was a a nice long ride and romp. When we pulled off the highway onto my little paved road (I'm the only one on here btw), my oldest son was just pulling in behind me. So, I pulled over to the left side and he pulled in to the right beside me. I have been sick and tired of hearing how his turboed vw GTI will kick my Ford's arse. Let me tell you it was on. My fresh '90 5.0 HO/AOD left him a full car length behind for 100 yards to my drive. That was sweet! There was no revving, we started from an idle to the get go. He was definitely butt-hurt. Swmbo was laughing her arse off and I was grinning... :bart

......and with the wife AND groceries.....you can always remind him your little family grocery getter beat him.....

Another father-son memory/moment to cherish !!
I love this when you can spent some time with your son , even if it is for a little while.
New topic for a family reunion or other festivities!!!!!

The day will come when that same opportunity will present itself for me and my son. I can only hope for similar results. His car is definitely much stronger than mine. More HP, TQ, rubber, etc., etc. He's also running Cal-Tracs bars and his tires "stick". One of these days we'll find ourselves in a quiet spot and we'll give it a go. I'm hoping my reaction time gives me a much needed edge.

Here's his car....

004-21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing your son's car , you must have a very , very , very quick reaction time :lol :lol :lol :lol

It's one of the only variables that could possibly give me any kind of edge.... unless he were to miss 3rd and accidentally slam it into 5th.... that would be a big help!

"day will come when that same opportunity will present itself for me and my son. I can only hope for similar results. His car is definitely much stronger than mine."..

Oh yeah that will be a fun and memorable day for both of you. My youngest son has the '56 cheby pickup in the sig pic. We got it on about 6 years ago on a deserted 2 lane. He has a built 350/350 combo and I had the tired old 302 in my stang back then. I kept up with him even all the way so even a tired ford engine will run with a fresh 350...lol.

"gwstang" said:
Swmbo and I took the 66 to Costco for some groceries this a.m. about 40 miles away so it was a a nice long ride and romp. When we pulled off the highway onto my little paved road (I'm the only one on here btw), my oldest son was just pulling in behind me. So, I pulled over to the left side and he pulled in to the right beside me. I have been sick and tired of hearing how his turboed vw GTI will kick my Ford's arse. Let me tell you it was on. My fresh '90 5.0 HO/AOD left him a full car length behind for 100 yards to my drive. That was sweet! There was no revving, we started from an idle to the get go. He was definitely butt-hurt. Swmbo was laughing her arse off and I was grinning... :bart

This might have been a bit more difficult if his VW were a VR6 like mine. Admittedly, my vert is geared all wrong for the Grand Prix du Stoplight (2.75:1); nevertheless, it would get smoked by my VW.

Back