• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

You Can Fight City Hall...And Win

Laurie S.

Staff member
A few of you here may remember that more than three years ago I sued a local town for interfering with a contract my company held with a private company (I own the company). Well, yesterday, almost five years after the deliberate interference occurred, a jury decided that they did just that. So, you can fight city hall, if you're willing to stick it out through a long brutal fight. But now, it's Trouble time once again!!!

:kneel

What did you win? I'm kinda confused, you own both companies? When you say its TROUBLE time, does that mean the car will get some attention finally, maybe even see the road in the near future?

They interfered with my company's contract with another company. Yep, I'll be working again on Trouble with the goal to bring it to either the National show in Concord, California next year and/or the Grand National in Mustang, Oklahoma. It's a possibility for Knott's, too, but that might be too soon. First, however, I'm going on a cruise in French Polynesia in two weeks where I'm going diving like crazy.

Congrats!

I don't remember what the issue was. Would you mind giving us the skinny on what city hall did?

They interfered in a contract we had with a developer causing us to lose the remainder of that contract and a new one, plus damaged our reputation significantly. The town (not Tucson) has a very bad reputation for crooked dealings and this was just another example. Both contracts were very large. The problem is we only can sue for profit, and not the whole contract so we still have a big financial loss (written off several years ago) even with the damages we were awarded. But, sometimes, it's about the principle.

Back