• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible $1800

TheDude

I have decided to part with my 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible project. I think it is a really cool car, but there is no room in my garage for me to work on my other two classics. You do not see Galaxies very often, especially convertibles. This particular Galaxie started out as a 352 V8 - C4 powered white on red convertible. It currently has a 390 V8 installed. I bought this as a total restoration project, but as I said, I have no room, and I would rather see it go to a good home rather than let it sit for years. It is not driveable as is, and the engine is not setup to run. There is no radiator, battery, etc. I am asking $1800. I am losing money on this project. Please email me by replying to this posting. If you are a serious buyer I will answer more detailed questions and we can arrange a time to see the car.

As with any old car, there are a few rust issues, but they are fixable. The front floors need to be replaced. They were replaced with regular, flat sheet metal, and they were not done very well. There is rust around the wheel wells that will have to be patched. The driver side, front framerail needs attention. These are easy fixes and sheet metal is available for Galaxies. Please read the description carefully and contact me if you are interested in the car.

For $1,800 you get a cool project car. You can be different than everyone else at car shows who have the same Corvettes, Mustangs, Chevys...surprise them. The drivetrain is all there but it is not set up to run. This is a mostly complete rolling project. I know that the original front seat (has two bucket seats from another car) and the headlights are gone. At $1800 I am already losing money on this project.

Here is a link to a few more detailed pictures: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23529932

Attachments

• Galaxie Bright.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Dscf1746.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 96
Back