• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1968 arm rests....Standard vs Deluxe?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Does anyone have pics of the deluxe arm rests? They are twice the cost of standard, but why?

In 67 and I am almost certain 68 is the same the door panels used will dictate which handle you need. Did you go with deluxe panels or standard I can't recall.

I am using deluxe 67 panels as that was what I had in the car.

Deluxe is a bigger armrest and uses plugs to cover screw holes.

Standard:
Hollywood%27s_68_Mustang_New_Left_Door_Trim_Panel_Arm_Rest_&_Window_Regulator_Handle_&_Knob.jpg

Deluxe:
mufp_0802_sema_36_z+2007_SEMA_new_products+TMI_products_68_mustang_deluxe_door_panel.jpg

The blue sucks. I do like how the parchment came together, not as much contrast.

The parchment arm rests could have matched better color wise, may end up dyeing mine to match the door panels better.

427_11_08_10_4_24_19_1.jpg

"sigtauenus" said:
The blue sucks. I do like how the parchment came together, not as much contrast.

I think you're right. That dark blue over light blue is really hideous, and makes the armrest look GIANT. Blending into the rest of the panel makes it appear less...obnoxious.

If Craig goes with the standard, it'll be neat to compare how it looks next to your car, since they're similar in a lot of ways.

Back