• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1973 Mach 1 EZ Wiring Ignition Switch

Hey guys its been a while since I posted on here, but ive been working on rewiring my 73 Mach 1 for a while now, I have the tail end pretty much done, and the front end pretty much done including the engine, I am just trying to finish up the inside now. I have gotten it to start but the last time I started I had some fuel related issues but ill get to that later. This is referring to the ignition switch wires and the wiring of the ignition switch with a EZ Wiring Harness. I am just wanting to make sure if I have this right so far and where a couple of other wires should go. Ok here we go.

I have the Green and red, and yellow wire, to the Ign. Switch Power wire on the EZ Harness, the red and Blue wire to the ignition switch start wire, the Black and green wire to the igntion switch Accesory and the black wire from the ignition switch power wire. (It is a red wire that splits into a red wire which I have going to the Green and red wire and yellow wire, and a black wire which I have going to the black and green wire). Now is that all where it should be? Also I have a purple and white wire (it may be pink and white, but looks purple) and a red and white wire, what do they do and where should I put them in the EZ Wiring Harness?

Green/red is the coil run wire...switched power.
Yellow is Main battery power
black/green wire is ACC power: goes to fuse box and a couple of other lines
Black wire is ground
White/red is power to the idiot light and also for oil pressure.
Blue/red is neutral safety switch/starter line
purple/white is power for the master cylinder brake switch (idiot light).

Back