• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1973 Mustang 302 FiTech Hard accelerator pedal

I am looking for solution to my hard to depress the accelerator pedal. I have seen several You Tube videos on the Lokar1000HT - Request comments-
1973 Mustang - Original Accelerator pedal and cable
302 V8 with AOD transmission
FiTech Go Street 400

Ford_FiTech.jpg

I had to adjust my stock cable a bit, it had sone hard angles that were making it bind up internally. If you pop the cable off the TB, does it move freely? If not, make adjustments until it does and then reattach to the TB. I had ton0ut a pretty stuff spring on the TB to make sure it closed quickly when I had my fitech setup

I use a Lokar pedal set-up in my mustang with a FiTech. Shouldn't be all that difficult to find what is causing the extra effort. As Brett suggests, disconnect things until you find where the main issue lies and do what's necessary to smooth things out. With a lot of throttle connections using a cable, having a bad angle can really accentuate the problem. You can use leverage to overcome quite a bit.

I use a Lokar pedal set-up in my mustang with a FiTech. Shouldn't be all that difficult to find what is causing the extra effort. As Brett suggests, disconnect things until you find where the main issue lies and do what's necessary to smooth things out. With a lot of throttle connections using a cable, having a bad angle can really accentuate the problem. You can use leverage to overcome quite a bit.
Hello Horseplay, thank You!

Good afternoon,

Finally got a chance to look my accelerator cable setup today. As you can see, the cable was further up towards the shock tower brace. Once I removed the 3/8 bolt from the bracket, you can how much further forward it goes. Another observation is the TV cable was not mounted to the bracket, and notice the movement of the throttle of the FiTech seemed to have normal movement. Not really stiff. I need to look at the AOD TV cable setup at the transmission. I will be looking at the Lokar FiTech Bracket.

1973_Mustang_Throttle_Cable_01.jpeg

1973_Mustang_Throttle_Cable_02.jpeg

Back