• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1999 Lightning

tarafied1

Well 2020 has had an impact on my company. They have decided to do away with the company car program. I haven't travelled much since last February so it's not a big deal I guess. They will give us road warriors an extra pay and reimburse our fuel so we can drive our own car. So having said all that, I have to give my Fusion back. My wife's daily was our 07 V6 Mustang but in reality she drove the Fusion and I drove the Mustang. So I will keep driving the Stang but she needed a daily driver. I found a 99 Lightning with 200K mile but in really good shape for a price too low to say out loud. I put some repop wheels and new tires and fixed a few quirky things so far. She doesn't drive far so it should be a good vehicle even though MPG isn't great.
136100946_10218641362530830_678518778939306012_n.jpg

it had some hideous 20" wheels that had to go...
131442539_10218555999156799_3038644741542634965_n.jpg

Beautiful truck. A buddy of mine had one and man is that a fun ride!! While I am not a truck guy, that would be one I could wrap my mind around. There are still low mileage one owner examples around here that are very tempting. Maybe...........

Beautiful truck. A buddy of mine had one and man is that a fun ride!! While I am not a truck guy, that would be one I could wrap my mind around. There are still low mileage one owner examples around here that are very tempting. Maybe...........
I needed to replace my 72 Chevy... it was reliable but not a good "truck". Anyway, this thing rocks! it has gobs of torque and makes blower noises!

Cool DD for Tara. I saw one of the car shows do a semi-teardown and fix on a Lightning but can't remember which one, wheeler dealers maybe?

I'll have to look for that one. I watch those shows sometimes

I know Overhaulin’ did one not too long ago on their latest reboot. Not a fan of the direction the show took with doing modern cars instead of classics

I know Overhaulin’ did one not too long ago on their latest reboot. Not a fan of the direction the show took with doing modern cars instead of classics
me either. I didn't care for the giant wheels and SEMA show car themed cars either though

Back