• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2001 air?

RustyRed

Having an issue with the 01 convertible AC.

Couple of weeks ago seemed to not be cooling. I was thinking the charge might be low but then I hit a speed bump and it started cooling.

Wife drove it to airport last Sunday and worked fine. Driving home from air port last night it wasn't blowing cold.

Thinking there is a loose connection somewhere...any ideas?

Is the compressor clutch engaged when blowing warm? If it is, it could be low on freon and freezing over based on a higher humidity issue.

Thank for the tips.

I'll have to look at it. I was going to drive it to work today and see what it was doing today but didn't happen. Gonna try and drive it tomorrow.

I've been down for the count the last few days and having to take steriods / anti-biotics. Had a sinus thing that was trying to get into my chest basically. I really hate the steriods, they hype you up and drive up your blood pressure. Made the mistake yesterday of taking both the pills for the day in the morning and felt like I was gonna jump out of my own skin I was so hyped up, LOL!

Not trying to highjack the thread. I have similar problem with my 01 Ranger. when I first start out it's not cooling. Most of the time it will start cooling after a while. Is there a switch that prevents the clutch from kicking in if its low on freon?

Yes, there is a low pressure switch for the safety of the compressor.

Also, if low, but not low enough for the switch to activate, the system will work like it is surging....cool and then not, cool and then not. The compressor may run all the time as it should but it seems like the freon is moving thru as one clump of gas, not spread out like you would think.

Back