• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2018 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and venues

...Anyway, it's not something I can fix. I have enjoyed being able to do it as many times as I have. More than the cars it is so cool to drive thru rural America into places I wouldn't have otherwise gone. Meeting so many gear heads and seeing so much cool cars is just a bonus! It has grown bigger every year which is great for the event but makes it less "fun" as the venues are hard to get into and traffic gets backed up. When it is so hot you get zapped and it starts to not be fun anymore. Every year I keep thinking that this will be the last one I go on but then I do it again anyway!

I'm considering just driving the route and going to the hotel, skipping the venues and the long lines, unless there is something specific I want to do or see. When we went in 2013, the sponsors made a big deal of making sure you stand in line to punch the clock, check in at their tent in every city, etc., making you think there would be a big reward at the end.

I would be all in for a StangFix member road trip headed west, Craig. Get a bunch of us together and plot a route to see some sights, drive some cool roads and hit some local cruises, etc. Might be the only way.
I might be down for something like that.
A fall cruise would be great too. Better weather.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
YES! I would do that in a heart beat, especially in the fall! We need to seriously pick a realistic date that we could do it and start planning!

I'm considering just driving the route and going to the hotel, skipping the venues and the long lines, unless there is something specific I want to do or see. When we went in 2013, the sponsors made a big deal of making sure you stand in line to punch the clock, check in at their tent in every city, etc., making you think there would be a big reward at the end.
Funny you mention that, I have been trying to propose that to my family as well. The drive and the hotels are the best part anyway!!!

Funny you mention that, I have been trying to propose that to my family as well. The drive and the hotels are the best part anyway!!!
I feel the same way. The long haul swag is not anything to write home about. Or as a group, maybe we give all out credentials to one member a day and they do the go to venue and stand in line stuff and get the announcements.

Cities are pretty good for me this year, since Raleigh is my hometown and Holley is based out of Bowling Green so I might be there anyways.

Too bad I've gotta drive 14 hours to get to the start, and 18 hours to get back home from the finish! I WISH I got to only drive half a day...

Oh, and if I don't go on the HRPT, then I'll be going to American Graffiti in Modesto, which is of course a 25 hour drive away.

So what type of vehicles are welcome on the cruise? Say if someone wanted to cruise along in a 2001 Mustang and another in a 2016 Focus ST would they be in the mix.

So what type of vehicles are welcome on the cruise? Say if someone wanted to cruise along in a 2001 Mustang and another in a 2016 Focus ST would they be in the mix.
yes, there are brand new Vettes, new Camaros, late model pickups, there is even a notorious Le Barron convertible! You will see just about everything you can imagine and some things you would never imagine!

Maybe I should take my new DD.....

It's not a muscle car, but it has AC!
5b54d5aa80aebcc18397fa146a439043.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

If you don't, take the truck again. We'll be truck buddies.

We are looking for something fun to go to on one of the day's. Maybe a side trip to a museum or historical area.

If you don't, take the truck again. We'll be truck buddies.

We are looking for something fun to go to on one of the day's. Maybe a side trip to a museum or historical area.
wife is trying to talk me into taking her 07 because it has AC. Which would be nice. But it's not a "Hot Rod" so I am not 100% sold on the idea yet

Back