• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.0 badging?

5.0 badging??????

• Lower fender stripe.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Hood scoop

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Grille

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fender badge

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I'm a stupid ricer. Don't do it.

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
im gonna be putting them on my coupe also. Most likely on the fenders instead of the mustang writing. Heres a couple pics from when I was thinking of putting them on my hood scoop.

Attachments

• 7-19-2010 5.0 Badge.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 7-20-2010 5.0 Scoop1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 7-20-2010 5.0 Scoop.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 11
IMHO, if you are not building a full on restomod that has lots of modern touches and features it looks tacky and out of place. A good rule of thumb to use is this:

If you see it added onto a car driven by a teenager, it is probably not the way to go. Things like giant mufflers, wings, monster tachs, under-car lighting, large decals/stripes, etc. The stuff they sell at an Autozone is really not going to make your ride stand-out. At least not in a good way. Less is almost always more.

Dave, after all your hard work, please, don't put that 5.0 on the hood scoop. You'll hate yourself if you do when you look back. I promise you will.

Thanks for the hood scoop picture Dave.

Now that I see that I don't really care for it on the scoop.

"Horseplay" said:
IMHO, if you are not building a full on restomod that has lots of modern touches and features it looks tacky and out of place. A good rule of thumb to use is this:

If you see it added onto a car driven by a teenager, it is probably not the way to go. Things like giant mufflers, wings, monster tachs, under-car lighting, large decals/stripes, etc. The stuff they sell at an Autozone is really not going to make your ride stand-out. At least not in a good way. Less is almost always more.

Dave, after all your hard work, please, don't put that 5.0 on the hood scoop. You'll hate yourself if you do when you look back. I promise you will.

no worries horseplay, if anything they'll end up on the fenders. Im not put them on at all and leave the car de-badged.

"Horseplay" said:
IMHO, if you are not building a full on restomod that has lots of modern touches and features it looks tacky and out of place.

Exactly...that's why I'm putting the 5.0 emblems on the side of my car. The ones I'll be putting on are similar to what midpack posted earlier, and not just the 5.0 like what is on the side of the fox body.

Back