• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.0 conversion Shock tower brace

Mine is a Maier racing piece, but is essentially the same as the one you posted. I actually run a much larger air cleaner now (thanks again Mark...)

Did you have any issues getting to fit? I think my front end might be a little tweaked from an accident.

The problem with most of the braces out there and efi conversion is the air plenum is all off to one side -- that's one reason I went with BBK's upper and lower intakes.

I made my own. I based it on TCP's shock tower brace. The angle brace on the firewall was too narrow. I got a piece of 3/8" angle made one just wide enough for the upper to clear. It wasn't too difficult, just a little time consuming to cut the aluminum with a jigsaw and smooth it out with sanding drums. Sorry for the state of chaos of my engine compartment...this was 1/2 way through my conversion.

exportbrace1.jpg

exportbrace2.jpg

exportbrace3.jpg

exportbrace4.jpg

"RapidRabbit" said:
Did you have any issues getting to fit? I think my front end might be a little tweaked from an accident.

Yes, not a lot, I just elongated the holes and it bolted up. Jeremy has a post on here somewhere where he cut his to pieces and started over.

Back