• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

60s concept Mustang

Looks a lot like the 2015 redesign :rant, glad they didn't do that to the original at least, had to wait 50 years to turn into an import :pop.
Jon

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
they actually produced that car. called it "maverick"...

The Maverick and Comet were close but I believe the hood was a bit shorter. Always liked the V8 Comets.

"AzPete" said:
"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
they actually produced that car. called it "maverick"...

The Maverick and Comet were close but I believe the hood was a bit shorter. Always liked the V8 Comets.

yeah. nose was shorter, but the back half is pretty close!

I think that we can all be thankful that Ford didn't manage to screw up the Mustang brand by trying to make it all things to all people like they did with the Thunderbird. I worked for a non-automotive subsidiary of FoMoCo back in the 70s and I watched the T-Bird (which had already transitioned from a nifty fifties two seat personal luxury car to the 58-60 square birds to the 61-63 landing craft birds to the rebirth of the square bird in 64(?)) metamorphose from the Lincoln Mark VII platform to the Fairmont coupe platform. Later Birds were those rub-a-dub-dub round bathtubs with no real design characteristics to speak of, and finally the resurrection of the two seater that had no market in the 90s. What a shameful waste of a great brand. Could have been the American answer to the Mercedes roadsters during those whole fifty years. Ford was always trying to "expand" the Mustang market with ideas like station wagons and four doors that never made it to market, thank God. The Mustang II, Fox Bodies and the 93-04 cars were bad enough. The only thing they had in common with a Mustang was the name plate.

"RagTop" said:
I think that we can all be thankful that Ford didn't manage to screw up the Mustang brand by trying to make it all things to all people like they did with the Thunderbird. I worked for a non-automotive subsidiary of FoMoCo back in the 70s and I watched the T-Bird (which had already transitioned from a nifty fifties two seat personal luxury car to the 58-60 square birds to the 61-63 landing craft birds to the rebirth of the square bird in 64(?)) metamorphose from the Lincoln Mark VII platform to the Fairmont coupe platform. Later Birds were those rub-a-dub-dub round bathtubs with no real design characteristics to speak of, and finally the resurrection of the two seater that had no market in the 90s. What a shameful waste of a great brand. Could have been the American answer to the Mercedes roadsters during those whole fifty years. Ford was always trying to "expand" the Mustang market with ideas like station wagons and four doors that never made it to market, thank God. The Mustang II, Fox Bodies and the 93-04 cars were bad enough. The only thing they had in common with a Mustang was the name plate.

well stated. :thum

"KBMWRS" said:
"RagTop" said:

well stated. :thum
Geez Mike. Thanks. No, really! I expected someone to kick me in the nuts for my comments about the 74-04 Mustangs. When Ford started that "It is what it was" campaign back in the 2000s, it really pissed me off. The 05-09s are my favorite post gen 1 Mustangs, at least with regard to appearance.

Back