• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

64.5-73 Underdash Harnesses Refurbishment

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
With 30+ years of professional experience working on DC electric circuitry, I offer my services to refurbish any vintage Mustang underdash harness for a mere $175 plus $50 core charge. So what does this mean? I inspect every wire's insulation for exposure and repair it; every connector is checked for continuity (and repaired); every wire run is checked for continuity (and repaired); fuse boxes are checked, repaired, and a new set of fuses installed; the entire harness is cleaned and re-wrapped if required. I can also repair resistor wires. I even can convert non-tach harnesses to tach harnesses. What I can't offer is a concours looking harness, as any of these problems listed above may require splicing (which is done with professional butt splicing and professional tooling).

I offer a two year, no questions asked warranty. No one else in the industry offers any warranty on electrical parts, but I know I bring these harnesses up to OEM performance standards. I also provide a complete printout of wire color, number, function, connector, and where each wire goes. I also provide you an instruction sheet for installation that is guaranteed to find any shorts due to installation before hooking up the battery. So why pay anywhere for $500 (1964.5-66) to $1500 (1969/70) for a repro harness when you can have the real thing for $175?

I also have harnesses of all years and models in inventory for sale. I also have various connectors for other harnesses (e.g. under-hood, tailight, alternator, dash cluster) for sale from harvested harnesses.

I get a number of inquiries of refurbishing tailight or underhood harnesses. My usual answer is that these harnesses are relatively inexpensive as reproductions. Some, however, are not available. Because the underhood harnesses are exposed to the elements, the insulation and metal wiring can become brittle. I can do my best to refurbish them, but I cannot offer the 2-year guaranty like I would like. If you really need one of these refurbished, contact me and let's talk about it.

I can be reached either by Private Message or at harnesses@fusemail.com
http://midlife66.com/harnesses/welcome.html

Last day to receive harnesses is May 23; I will be down until November/December timeframe. I'll post when the business is backup and running.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I do have to get the house and garage repaired due to damage from Hurricane Michael, which requires everything removed from the dwellings.

It is now looking like Feb. 1, 2020 for resumption of harness work. Please do not send me anything until that date, as I will be unpacking both a house and garage and there will be boxes everywhere and I do not want to get your stuff mixed up with mine. Thanks.

Oh boy! Shoot me an e-mail with a tracking number so I can watch it get lost somewhere...Just Kidding!

I found all the OEM harnesses from my '65 coupe. Holding them until all the aftermarket wiring is installed in case I need one of the connectors. I will send them to you as a donation. I am trying to locate my '70 harness again.

I will resume working on Mustang wiring June 1 with a new address. Please contact me prior to shipping to ensure you have the proper address, now updated on my webpage. Thank you.

Looking at the latest weather reports for AZ (my stepson lives there) I can see why you waited until June. You can just lay solder on the splices and it melts itself.

Rich Text Editor,editor1, Press ALT 0 for help
SUSPENSION OF REFURBISHMENT: I am in need of a hip
replacement, scheduled for early February. I am in great pain
and can no longer spend time on my workbench repairing
wiring harnesses. I will resume operations sometime after
surgery, so please check back approximately mid-March.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

Rich Text Editor,editor1, Press ALT 0 for help
SUSPENSION OF REFURBISHMENT: I am in need of a hip
replacement, scheduled for early February. I am in great pain
and can no longer spend time on my workbench repairing
wiring harnesses. I will resume operations sometime after
surgery, so please check back approximately mid-March.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
Sorry to hear that Randy, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery

Back