• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FORSALE 65/66 Fastback Quarter Extractor Vent Sets

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
I'm cleaning out space in the garage and have a few full sets of quarter extractor vent frames with all the chrome grill inserts. For years, I've always grabbed these when I ran across them as they are a pot-metal cast piece that is not reproduced. Not the frames or the individual inserts can be had as a re-pop. With the new Dynacorn bodies available, these are becoming harder and harder to find. Lots of the ones you might come across are cracked as they are prone to do when over-tightened, etc. I do have a couple that I repaired* for sale as well but unless told otherwise the matching sets are not cracked and are in great condition. I will post some pics up soon as I get a chance but pretty sure anyone reading this knows the parts in question.

$400 for a complete set. Delivered to you via UPS (48 contiguous). Outside that we can discuss shipping costs. Repaired pieces can be had for a little less but not given away.

*repaired in my own process developed over lots of "trial and error" which includes using Muggyweld. Done the way I've done it they are as good as new, or so it seems to me anyway.

Have to check. I think I might have sold my last set of those to a guy here a while ago. I'll look yet tonight and let you know. I do have 4 or more of the outside pieces and all the chrome vent inserts.

My outers are both good & just picked up a set of the inside trim pieces this week. Thinking seriously about sealing off the holes & making the vents non functional if I can’t find a set of these inner doors at a decent price. Sheet metal is rusted bad on the left one & the right one is completely missing.

Sorry, I did send that last set off to someone recently. I was going to tell you that you can usually find a set on E-Bay but then I looked. Holy hell! I picked up a number of complete sets for like $50-75 just a few years ago. Now all I found was people selling them in pieces for that much or more. I'll keep my eye out for them and let you know if I find anything.

No worries! Yeah, EBay sure isnt what it used to be, that’s for sure... I’ve had better luck on Facebook “for sale“ pages. I’ve picked up all the interior pieces except for the 2 lower qtr. Panels & the thin trim that runs all the way around from door to door & found it all on Facebook.

Back