• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'66 Coupe with ALL the goodies

"Midlife" said:
What about me? The car's gonna be in my garage for the next 6 months!

I sure hope Winn Dixie keeps the stock of Wattles filled. I see some long hours ahead...............

Long hours?? For what????????????

That car needs nothing but a competent driver.

Come to think of it............................

Since it's going out of state, maybe we can find a CA Stangfix member with a '66 to buy the plates. Since they're registered to a '66 they can only be transferred to a car of the same year (Sorry Justin).

Frank

Frank, now that I put the black plates on it, I cannot keep them, and move them to my daughter's '67? I should have just put them on that car to begin with.

I will keep the plates, though, I think. Aren't they like personalized plates now, since I have to pay extra for them each year?

"johnpro" said:
Frank, now that I put the black plates on it, I cannot keep them, and move them to my daughter's '67? I should have just put them on that car to begin with.

I will keep the plates, though, I think. Aren't they like personalized plates now, since I have to pay extra for them each year?

They can only be moved to a car of the same model year, as now they're in the DMV system as '66 plates. They MAY drop out of their system at some later date (a few years?), in which case they'd presumably be usable for '63 to '69 again.

I think you can keep them "active" and pay a maintenance fee like the personalized plates if you think you'll be putting them on another '66 vehicle.

Come to think of it, I think if you want to sell the plates for use on another '66 vehicle they'd have to be transferred from you to the new owner, so you may HAVE to keep them active until sold. I don't know the details of this, though, so you'd have to find someone who does.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Since it's going out of state, maybe we can find a CA Stangfix member with a '66 to buy the plates. Since they're registered to a '66 they can only be transferred to a car of the same year (Sorry Justin).

Frank

Man that is too funny I was going to ask that same question. I thought he could release interest in them. Makes me nervous as I almost got my TRU plates registered hope they aren't locked into 67.

"Midlife" said:
I thought you might have been up to something along this line...

I've rode in JohnPro's car

And the car, never got the curse of Midlife ... THAT is how tough this car actually is!.

"Sacbill" said:
Does the cost include any tools? :beat

:WP

No, the car has been de-tooled. All wrenches removed from the leaf springs, and all sanding blocks removed from in between the header tubes.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Are you sure?

Frank

Hmmm, guess I better check for hidden Chevy bow ties and For sale signs, too, eh? Some of those didn't surface for weeks after kbmwrs was left to his own devices in my garage, while I was on a cruise!!

First dibs on the 1" deep well socket when AzPete brings the car over to the Garage Majal for the first time!

Back