• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 instrument bezel in my 68

I am getting ready to do my autometer cluster for my 68. I called Laurel Mtn yesterday to order the 67 premium brushed aluminum guage bezel and dash kit. The lady said it was different from the 68 and so did another guy she was speaking to. If I remember the wiper switch may be on the opposite side. I know one of you guys know so please enlighten me. What, if anything, do I have to do. I did see a guy on e-bay selling 68 brushed aluminum bezels but they are more expensive.

Mike the only difference is a 68 has a horse for the high beam and a 67 has a red dot. We sell all of this, but ours is the more expensive stuff, it has a nice clear coat finish. Rich.

Mike for what you are doing it shouldn't matter. The 67 and 68 are different, however, it is the standard cluster that is really different. The 67 had an oil pressure and amp gauge combined and the fuel gauge was in the upper left corner. The 68 had the fuel and amp gauge combined and the oil pressure gauge was in the upper left corner. Also as mentioned the high beam indicator was a circle on the 67 and a running horse on the 68. The factory Tach clusters all had the fuel gauge in the upper left on b0th 67 and 68. They are interchangeable but the cluster harness is different on stock 67/68 gauges for the above reason.

Back