• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 radio bezel

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Starting to go through some of gtscode's interior parts..... :thu

Does the stock Ford radio's lens sit flush against the backside of the bezel, or is there a slight gap between the two?

I expect there will be lots of interior questions coming up. Essentially the radio and the raio bezel didn't seem to mate up like either of us expected. There seemed to be a bit of a gap between the lense and the bezel.

The ones I've seen seem to be flush. The right shaft base should sit flush with the backside of the shaft tunnel. If there is a shaft nut preventing it from sitting flush, that should be adjusted or removed to allow for a flush fit. Is there any question that the radio is for a '67 Mustang? Pics of what you are looking at might help.

Here's a pic of one that seems to fit:
24-170213170913.jpeg

Here's some pics. Seems to have a 1/16+ gap between the back of the bezel's opening and the lens of the radio. The only way I see to solve this is to remove that last remaining nut that to me holds the switches in place. I'd think that these base nuts are not to be removed and that the bezel's switch tunnels would snug up against them.

Yes, I believe is is a 67 radio for a find a 7TPZ number stamped into the side.

8ebyzeqa.jpg

taperupa.jpg

yma7ehyt.jpg

a8yra8y8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back