• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 1/2 Cobra Jet Clone

First : Welcome to this forum. You gonna like it here!!
Second : Your car looks like sh$tt. :stu

Third : Hell man , that beast has some muscle by is sounds. :thu :thu

Fourth : Don't take things serious here .

Fifth : :wop

Thanks for the compliment on the beauty of my car :censored. I think that you will find that I have a good sense of humor. Hell, I drove that to a Rod Run. Around here we don't wait til they are done to enjoy them, well some of us that is. Well maybe it is just me. Here are some more pics of the car.
ak385.jpg

Sorry I lost a bunch of pics on Photobucket, I will have to download more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more pics of my 72 and some of the 68 Torino as it was going to it's new home.
untitled.jpg

1972-ford-torino-5.jpg

teresaspictures460.jpg

Akhw151.jpg

Akhw150.jpg

Akhw152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Antlerfiend" said:
Thanks, I hated to sell it but I was out of work and had to pay bills.

I would have had to sell the '72. Always liked that 68/69 Fastback style on a big car.

The 72 is promised to my ten year old daughter, she would kill me if I sold it. Any way there are alot of the 68/9Torinos around here. I can always buy another one. For the two years I have had my 72 I have had the only one here.

Not really sure. The engine was in the car when I got it. Here soon I am going to take the engine out so I can replace the panels in the engine bay. I am going to order a cam matched to what has been done to the engine. I do know that the cam is hydraulic and is over 16 yrs old.

I love all your toys. I grew up in a 69 Fairlane/Torino. My dad bought it in 70 and kept it into the 80's. He bought a 72 Torino also which I eventually bought from him. I regret getting rid of it! I love the Bronco, never had one of those (I did have a Bronco II but not the same thing at all). I have had two 68 Mustang Fastbacks but had to sell both, one when I moved cuz I had too many and the other later for the money. Wish I had at least one of them still!
Neither of our Torinos were the fastback body but I still liked them!
n1400756601_30138329_4623816.jpg

37501_419126063185_771863185_4603410_7743063_n.jpg

Anyway, welcome!!!

I had to sell the 68 Torino to pay bills and am in the process of trading the Bronco for body and paint work on my 72. Those are some nice cars I see in those pics. I have seen some Torinos on the forums I attend that look like your blue one. Is Russelville near Lake Cumberland?

Russellville is near Bowling Green KY just North of Nashville TN. I am about 2 1/2 hours drive from the Cumberland Lake in Eastern KY and maybe 2 hours from "Land Between The Lakes" in North Western KY.
My 72 Torino was a great car. I drove until it had 215,000 miles. I put the sport mirrors and hood with scoop on it and had dual exhaust, other than that it was stock. I sold it to a guy I worked with and when I changed jobs I lost track of it. I wish I had it back or another one like it. Yours is pretty nice, what paint plans do you have for it?

"Antlerfiend" said:
I had to sell the 68 Torino to pay bills and am in the process of trading the Bronco for body and paint work on my 72. Those are some nice cars I see in those pics. I have seen some Torinos on the forums I attend that look like your blue one. Is Russelville near Lake Cumberland?

I'm just south of Lake Cumberland. I'm the one that started the KY Role Call on VMF.
Bill

I will be running in Bowling Green the weekend of July the 30th. You should try to attend. 67 I am going to a show in pigeon Forge in Sept. so I will be going past you. My buddy put on a Nostalgia drag show in Jamestown earlier this year and I did not get to attend.

Beach bend? I will try to make it. My dad lives in Jamestown, near the 1/8th mile track. I go out to see him occasionally and go to the Somernights Cruise-in

Back