• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 1/2 Cobra Jet Clone

I am not going to make Bowling Green this weekend. I have alot of work to get done and the next weekend is the street rod nationals. Too much stuff to do and not a whole lot of time.

My buddy Mark Hall will be racing his 65 Fastback at Beach Bend tomorrow. We haven't been able to race each other yet but hopefully we can do that soon.
ak114.jpg

The car next to Mark is his dad's 68 Bullitt clone. His car should be there along with several other Fords that I hang out with.
ak034.jpg

"Antlerfiend" said:
My buddy Mark Hall will be racing his 65 Fastback at Beach Bend tomorrow. We haven't been able to race each other yet but hopefully we can do that soon.
ak114.jpg

I think we just found the previous owner of stumps fastback, or at least the inspiration for it.

20March2011117.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to be. I do not know who's car that is. This picture was taken at a Derby City Mustang cruise. I do know that the car next to him is a 60 Starliner with a 390 with 2 4's and a 4 speed.

I took my car to the street rod nationals this weekend. My 72 GTS had some issues Saturday morning. My car continues to get attention, much to my surprise. I figured that if they can bring Rat Rods too the show, then I can bring my Fastback. We had an idea today to make my car look like a barn find 68 1/2 CJ for the time being. It will be at least a year before I can get started on it's restoration. Hopefully we can get some work done on it soon, pics to follow.

"70_Fastback" said:
What's wrong with rat rods...? :confu
Nothing at all! In fact he said they might paint the "Cobra Jet" on the side and weather it to look like it's an original 60's Cobra Jet. I think that would be so cool!
283179_1878286522479_1400756601_31601997_2728676_n.jpg

Nothing wrong at all about Rat Rods, as a matter of fact I like them better than most of the fixed up cars. I love cars with potential, and the good thing is they don't even have to live up to it. My dad has a 51 Willys Wagon that he wants to make a Rat Rod out of. Around here Nostalgia Drag cars are becoming popular, lots of straight axles.

Took my car to the Nostalgia drags this weekend. They talked me into running in Top Gas. I won the dang thing to my surprise. I can't get the video on the computer yet because nothing is compatible to play it. If I can get some video on my computer I will post it here.

Back