• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 Coupe Daily Driver - Keeping it running and trying to impove it

janschutz

Corn Hauler
The tank was almost empty but the first thing I did was fill it. It still showed empty after 19 gallons were added. Tomorrow, I will take the wire off the sending unit and ground it to see if the gauge moves. I think that should isolate the problem.

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Nice. I bet you are a very happy man.

Why did you elect to modify the cowl? Personally, I like the aesthetic of the original but I know many talk of doing what you had done.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Nice. I bet you are a very happy man.
Why did you elect to modify the cowl? Personally, I like the aesthetic of the original but I know many talk of doing what you had done.
I just like the look for this stang (and I hated waxing around it). I have removed the badges and this was just the next step. Someday the drip rails will be history.

I am a very happy man and my wife is real happy with the work also.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
When I got in the stang this morning. I saw I had a stupid mouse/rat in the car last night. Chewed a hole in the kick panel. I do not need thing giving more things to fix! At least I did not find rat turds in the car.

MouseHole.jpg

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Be grateful that's where he did the damage. I had a mouse decide to chew through my new headliner even though there was wide open access to get behind it only a couple inches away. I'd take replacing a kick panel any day over what i went through! Still sucks though. I'd also do my best to make sure he is not still in there.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Since I cannot cut any more trees down for a while, I went after my tilt column project. After rebuilding the tilt column, it still did not turn good. So I pulled my other 2 columns of my parts shelf and torn them down to compare parts. Turns out the upper shaft was buggered (do not know h9ow I missed that). Replaced the shaft and almost got it together before I called it a night. Hopefully I can finish tonight. Tilt019.jpg Tilt020.jpg Tilt021.jpg Tilt022.jpg Tilt023.jpg

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Got my mustang on a lift so I could replace the 279 open gears with my 355 equa-locs.

Did some inspection and my cork gasket on the C4 is leaking bad. I was uneasy torquing the pan bolts any more, guess I should just replace it.

The idler arm was also loose. Time to get one of those also. What is the best Idler arm out there? This on is only about 5 years old and not even 15k miles on it.

Need to finish researching what EFI unit i want, leaning to the FiTech system.