• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 Rat Rod Road Chicken

tarafied1

I got the dash with tach and steering column that I converted to PS shaft, back in the car today. And I got the exhaust manifolds on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2b5211200ee675c7cdf3cd8d65ffc16a.jpg

55af58b8f6cf620b84f52a9e48900e7c.jpg

181d2bfb8fabe58e77ab81c3136d65dd.jpg

65655aa88317a8f5f82995e715debe7b.jpg

I have some rusty headers for it but Jerry wanted the factory manifolds. I have a thermoquad I have to rebuild for it (yuck). He wanted underhood to be "stock"

What was the purpose of this build again? Didn't you say he was looking to sell it?
yes and I know what your getting at. I had the same conversation with him... This thing will be very expensive to "restore" but perfect to Restomod IMHO

I am learning a lot with this thing. I have never really worked on Mopar stuff before. Very different than Fords and GM's

yes and I know what your getting at. I had the same conversation with him... This thing will be very expensive to "restore" but perfect to Restomod IMHO
And restomods are where a big piece of the classic car market is steering. All those older guys who always wanted that old 60's musclecar like they saw on the dealer lots in high school are dying off or aging enough to move away from the hobby. Younger guys will never be into the old iron to a great extent. Those in the middle still love the look but want drivers. Just like your wife (Craig) fell in love with the Impala. Old school cool with modern reliability and comfort. The good news is it doesn't have to cost much more to do a restomod than a pure resto. In fact, it can be much cheaper if one has the skills and tools.

With Mopar parts being so expensive I think it would cheaper to go restomod. And I agree with you on the market. But it’s his car. And Mopar people are weird anyway!

I’m not saying Jerry is weird! To be clear! But I have talked with a lot of Mopar guys since starting this project and they are as different as the cars!!!

That is one long transmission. Bet that was a fun one to try and stab in there. Without a leveler no less!

Back