• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

78 Duece

Thanks, I will post some more pics later. I lookeed long and hard for a Mustang II in decent shape for a decent price. I was gonna make this one my drag car but am enjoying driving it like it is. It really gathers alot of attention. So many people think that it is a Pinto.I am gonna try and get my whole stable together for some pics. Right now I am working on my 68 Fastback getting ready for the Nostalgia Drags next week.

When I worked for Ford Aerospace in Palo Alto, CA I was eligible for the executive lease car perk (after seven years in the engine room) and my second lease car was a '78 Mustang II fastback. It was the 2.8L V6 with a 4 speed. I didn't order the 5.0L V8 because you couldn't get one with a 4 speed in CA back then. I ordered the car fully loaded including T-tops, little slot mags and RWL tires. The car was black with a "Crown Victoria" type bar across the top (I think that was part of the T-roof package) and a bright red interior. It got lots of eyeball when I was driving it around town. Lots of people wanted to talk about it in parking lots.

I think it was. My prior year lease car was a '77 Capri Snow Cat with the V6 and a 4 speed. That was a pretty sweet little car too.

Back