• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

82-84 GT, 84 SVO exhaust dual tip info needed

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
I have an incorrect single rear exhaust tip on my 84 SVO. Can’t find one anywhere and no one is making them, so I’m thinking of making it myself. Stinger Performance had a supplier making them, but covid killed the business.

Would anyone be willing to take some detail pics and a few measurements for me if you have this dual tip?
Pic for reference.

193A6559-3BC5-4A8C-9E9E-39264C28772F.jpeg

Why make one, when there are lots of after markets dual tips around?

Last edited:
No one makes one like the original and can’t seem to find an original in salvage. Besides, I have nothing but time and a decent welder sitting in the garage. I’m trying to keep the car as original as possible.

Those are good pics, but need the measurements. I have one source kinda working on the measurements.

So, after a long process to get measurements (gave up on finding one to purchase), I bought some supplies and made one. Just got it back from chrome yesterday. The Holy Grail has been found (made). Thanks to Scotty Russ on the VMF for the connection to a survivor exhaust tip for the measurements!

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

Just need to repair the lower quarter rust now.

Back