• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Accepted a new job, I need some referral help though

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
A couple of weeks ago I was offered a position here in Atlanta after being unemployed for 15 1/2 months. At the time I was thrilled to accept as it was the only thing I have been able to secure. I am still going to participate in a limited role and the possibility of returning to Atlanta in the near term is there. It is a start-up company and those sometimes dont 'start-up'.

In the mean time I continued to scrounge and search for a career-type job (I am an engineer) and last Friday my work paid off. I am going to work for an international engineering and construction firm in Pittsburgh and in a couple of weeks move to the client office (Westinghouse) twenty miles north. The projected work load shows I could be there for 3-5 years (hey . . . brand new nuclear reactors are tricky to design).

I need to ask for some help from all my friends here, anyone with friends or relatives in Pittsburgh who would rent a room? I dont know anyone there and I would really appreciate a local helping hand to get started. Working away from home brings a lot of curve balls that need to be dealt with and I have been very successful in years past establishing a 'beachhead' by myself. My start date is the Sept 13th. We are SO relieved my unemployment is over.

Mark, Congrats on the job, again!

I just saw this post and thought to myself...You ought to mention the item you have for sale...I asked around, nobody I know jumped at it, but there are a few guys around here that like to keep adding to their safes ;)

Throw up a thread in the non-mustang classifieds and link it here.

Back