• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Added to the family

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
About a year ago we had to put our dog, Sarge, down. Out of seemingly nowhere his health deteriorated quite rapidly and we found out he had cancer and was in really bad shape. This all happened in about a week and left the whole family in great shock and sorrow. He was quite a dog.

He left behind his pal, Lady (our younger female boxer). She went from a spastic nutball to a quiet pup. After a couple months she got back to regular eating, etc. but has not been the same dog. You could say the same thing about most of the family. The loss of Sarge was really hard on all.

Fast-forward to last week. I can't tell you why because I had no interest in acquiring another dog but I found myself searching out info on any possible boxer rescue operations. First local thing that popped up was about 30 minutes away and they were trying to place a couple dogs. Well, by now you've probably figured out where this is headed (actually the thread title probably gave it away).

Let me introduce to you, Major, a ten month old boxer stray who now resides in our home. I can't believe someone would cast this guy out. He is so smart, friendly and not a bad habit in him. How many strays come house-broken? He is really under-weight as life on the street will do that to a guy but he eats well and we should be able to remedy that in time. He fit right in from the start and Lady couldn't be happier. Nor could we. I'm sure Sarge would approve (although he might question the new pups rank!).

So what do you notice out of place in this pic? Aside from the fact he apparently pee'd on my grill at some point!

index.php

"Horseplay" said:
So what do you notice out of place in this pic?

That he is sleeping with one eye open. :confu

The grill, yes boys will be boys. That is why I prefer female dogs. :no

Congrats on the newest member of the family.

fd

He's missing some man-sack?
But he's a rescue, so that's what they do...so.....

Perhaps your favorite pair of shoes is missing because he ate them?

Yep. He has his tail. I have never seen a boxer with a non-cropped tail. I have never cropped any of my boxers ears but they all have had their tails cut. Going to take a while to get used to it.

The wife noticed the tail right away-(I didn't) I have grown used to boxers with long ears (actually prefer them) ---now the tail??---cute pup---looks onery.

I was gonna say that he needs his nails trimmed!

Congrats on the new member of the house.

"silverblueBP" said:
I was gonna say that he needs his nails trimmed!
That he does but that was the least of my worries about him. He looks 1000% better in that pic than he did the night I picked him up.

I'll get to his nails this week. Worst part is he still has his "dew" nails. As boxers love to grab you, this can be a real pain. Literally. Since I like to rough-house with my dogs he has already scratched me up pretty good with them.

Congratulations he looks real nice. I understand about the dew claws and the tail our Boxer/Mastiff mix has them both also. Wish both had been taken care of before he got too old. But when we got him at 9 months old the vet didn't recommend it.

Back