• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

advice needed

"guruatbol" said:
Well, Vinny, moving from the North to the South when you were a kid would make you a Carpet Bagger, wouldn't it?

Hehehehe..I just had to poke at you.

I love the camaraderie here. Same as the old place was. It is so cool to be able to get help when needed.

Your new place sounds great, did I miss the pics in another thread?

Mel

Yeah imagine a street thug like me from the south Bronx,, becoming a southern gentleman...I have to buy a white suit..but all kidding aside..I did get alot of good advice, seems everyone jumped in with a helping hand..I really do appreciate that..just proves car prople are good people no matter what forum they hang out on.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Yeah, Vinny. Without pics, you aren't allowed to leave CT. No pics, didn't happen.

I will have to post some pics of the new house as soon as I can figure out how to do it

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Yeah, Vinny. Without pics, you aren't allowed to leave CT. No pics, didn't happen.

Hope these pics show, not sure I know what hell I am doing..

Attachments

• front of house.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 88
  • back of house.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 88
  • garages.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 88
Very nice!

I love the garage setup! I have 4 cars (with only 2 drivers in the family, lol) and a 1 door, 2 car garage that was NOT designed to be a shop. I've never had a garage before and wildly underestimated how much garage I'd need. Next house, things will be different!!

we found a house with a 2 car garage, and a nice shop big enough to comfortably work on one car in the basement. But the rest of that house just wasn't right for us.

"daveSanborn" said:
Vinnie,

Welcome to NC. You're west of me approx. 80-90 miles.

I own a heavy duty tow dolly that sits waiting 363 days out of the year for someone to use/borrow it. It's not one of the "new/cheap" car dollies. It appears to be an old rental unit that is "heavy duty". It's made the trip to New England and back a few times. You're more than welcome to use it for however long you'd need it.

Let me know if you're interested and I can probably meet you with it halfway between F/V and New Bern.

Dave

"halfway" would be "Horse Heaven Farm" in Bladen County...

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Very nice!

I love the garage setup! I have 4 cars (with only 2 drivers in the family, lol) and a 1 door, 2 car garage that was NOT designed to be a shop. I've never had a garage before and wildly underestimated how much garage I'd need. Next house, things will be different!!

we found a house with a 2 car garage, and a nice shop big enough to comfortably work on one car in the basement. But the rest of that house just wasn't right for us.

Took a while to find, and the really nice thing is the attached garage has 14 foot ceilings, so I can get a lift and park one under and one over, the other garage has a 12 foot ceiling but has tons of storage upstairs for the wife.

Damn Vinny, all this hoopla over you moving to NC. The sad part is, your one Carolina short of where you SHOULD be!
:) :) :) :lol :lol :) :) :)

"beach pony" said:
Damn Vinny, all this hoopla over you moving to NC. The sad part is, your one Carolina short of where you SHOULD be!
:) :) :) :lol :lol :) :) :)

Hey I am working my way down..gimme time I'll be there :)

I have a lift with 12' ceilings, you could get two lifts!

I would get one for sure in the 14' so I could work on them. Maybe even a 2 post lift.

Mel

Nice place and cool that there are a bunch of you in the area.

My garage has 8' celings and the cinder block base of my fireplace right in the middle of the garage. Not my 1st choice for a house but the wife was happy. If the wife ain't happy, aint nobody happy!

Vince,

After reading the "driving in snow" advice thread within this forum I feel it's time that I introduce you to one of Eastern Carolina's favorite winter past-times.

It rarely snows in this area. I haven't seen an accumulation of snow on the ground in the last 4 years. But..... there are rare winters where we'll get a "freak" weather pattern that will produce anywhere from 1 to 12 inches of snow. When this happens do not leave your house except in a dire emergency. The local population has absolutely no idea how to drive in snow and there will be a car in the ditch/accident every 20 yards. We don't have "snow tires" down here. Most locals would stare blankly at you if you mentioned them. There are no snow plows. Some state trucks may eventually come through to clear major arteries, but secondary roads get cleared when the snow melts off in a couple days. For "entertainment purposes", take a short drive through town after the snow has stopped falling for some really good laughs.

"daveSanborn" said:
It rarely snows in this area. I haven't seen an accumulation of snow on the ground in the last 4 years. But..... there are rare winters where we'll get a "freak" weather pattern that will produce anywhere from 1 to 12 inches of snow. When this happens do not leave your house except in a dire emergency. The local population has absolutely no idea how to drive in snow and there will be a car in the ditch/accident every 20 yards. We don't have "snow tires" down here. Most locals would stare blankly at you if you mentioned them. There are no snow plows. Some state trucks may eventually come through to clear major arteries, but secondary roads get cleared when the snow melts off in a couple days. For "entertainment purposes", take a short drive through town after the snow has stopped falling for some really good laughs.

This just happened here in Virginia Beach. Although we had accumulation last year, first time in the past 6 years or so, and an accumulation 2 weeks ago, both were about 2-3 inches. A week ago we got 10-12 inches here, and it shut this city down. The only roads that were plowed were the interstates and a couple key main roads in town. The snow came in Saturday night a week ago. As of yesterday (1 week) that snow that was unplowed and driven on was still on roads in my subdivision and some of the more commonly used roads in my area such as Damn Neck, Holland, etc. Again, snow Saturday night, I didn't leave the house until Monday and it was to take the kids to the doctor for flu. I waited until Wednesday to go to work and took the F-150 4x4 and almost got in 2 accidents because of people being idiots in front of me. As the week progressed, it hit the 40's during the day, snow melted, then froze overnight. Thursday, Friday driving in the morning as late as 9 am or so I was still sliding on ice. If I could have afforded the vacation time and the kids weren't sick I would have taken the entire week off and not left the house at all.

Hey Vinny--nice looking place---now I am wondering if you are also in the "witness protection program" I am sure the town name will get a lot of replies about pronunciation---does the Norfolk railroad run anywhere close? I hear they are gonna merge with the with the westward way railroad---gonna be called the "Norfolk"n"Way railroad !!! good luck with the move!

Geez, how come the roof pitch is soo high?

Nice place there Vinnie and Toni.

Here's a video of the first load of cars after they were delivered. The T-bird was the bugger of the bunch. I had to build a winch mount and we pulled it into the garage. I'm late to this so Vince might have already covered it. We also painted the kitchen during that trip. It is indeed a lovely house in a wonderful location.

Back